Megan Racing Header on 01 Civic Coupe EX

b_ro

5+ Year Member
I just installed a Megan Racing Stainless Steel Header on my 01 Civic Coupe. There is a screw/bolt that you can take off or leave on. Does anyone know what this is for? I do know that if I take it off the header is louder than if I leave the screw/bolt on. Also I notice if I do remove it, when I give it gas it gives a ticking sound. Does anyone know what that ticking sound could be?

PaOwA

5+ Year Member
is that an o2 sensor hole? Maybe it is, and if you don't have o2 sensor, jus leave it =P. but pictures would help

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
o2 sensor, did u get the downpipe

b_ro

5+ Year Member
The Only Upgrades I Have Made Are An Aem Short Ram Intake System, Exhaust Chrome Tail Pipe, And The Header.

I Would Think I Would Need To Have It On...i Just Like The Way It Sounds When Its Off...nice Throttle Noise..but Id Rather Leave It On If Its An Issue.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah its an o2 sensor hole for those that have an lx and want to convert to an ex exhaust
better keep it closed up

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
Ditto: What they said about the o2 sensor. The bolt fell out one day because I didn't torque it down when I installed my header. It sounded like somebody shot a hole in my muffler. I thought I blew something up. Luckily, when I pulled over, the bolt was sitting on the subframe.

b_ro

5+ Year Member
so if one day the bolt happens to fall off, where do i get a replacement bolt from?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
LOL... Leave that bolt ON dude.

BTW, where are your o2 sensors hooked up at? You should have two.

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
The reason it fell out was because I ASSUMED it was torqued down whey they made it and installed the bolt. That was a very bad assumption. Torque it down yourself and forget about it.