Meguiar's PlastX and Plexus?

shortlid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I heard from a SAAB guy that the Plexus stuff is the bomb. I could not find it so I used Meguiar's PlastX on the headlight covers on our '99 EX sedan. WOW what a diff. took ALL the yellowing out and they look like new. Does a great job on ANY see through plastic!! :D

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
meguiars doesn't hold a match to plexus, i use that for the windscreens on my bikes when i have them, that s**t is golden BUT expensive ;)

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea I use the Meguiar's PlastX also but the yellowing always comes back.Looks good for a couple of days and bam there it is again.I'm just gonna sand that s**t off.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think mines on the inside of my headlight... I took it apart cleaned her out and resealed. I fixed all the fogging by spending like 2 hours perfectly sealing it. but the Yellow is going to be there forever? I guess I could try the sanding but I dont want to f**k the headlight up more then it already is.

shortlid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could not find Plexus!

j_fukin_t said:
meguiars doesn't hold a match to plexus, i use that for the windscreens on my bikes when i have them, that s**t is golden BUT expensive ;)
I tried to get Plexus EVERY where but NO ONE had it!! PlastX is only $5.00 a bottle so I tried it. Where do you get yours, online they want like $20 a can!! :shock:

shortlid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fogs

*SilverBullet* said:
yea I use the Meguiar's PlastX also but the yellowing always comes back.Looks good for a couple of days and bam there it is again.I'm just gonna sand that s**t off.
Ya the fogs have plastic lenses and they are mad pitted from road debris. I tried a Dremel tool with buffing wheel with PlastX to get it off, and it did not work. Went to polishing compound and still no good, oh well! :roll: That is why I want too try Plexus! ;)

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shortlid said:
I tried to get Plexus EVERY where but NO ONE had it!! PlastX is only $5.00 a bottle so I tried it. Where do you get yours, online they want like $20 a can!! :shock:
that sounds about right, if ya wanna play ya gotta pay ;)

civic_dude

5+ Year Member
some stuff is only available online like plexus.

i want to try plastic x though. i have some hazing in my instrument panel, will that plastic x work? and my headlights aren't yellow but they have a rough surface near the top.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sad thing is, at least for Honda 6G headlights, they will turn yellow and chipped looking no matter what. I'm convinced. Even one of my less-than-a-year-old brand-new Honda brand headlights is getting a chipped look on one spot. i think it's heat related.