messed up CF hood

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
friend has a CF hood the stock lookin one, there is a hmmmm like a , umm he got into an accident and put a large chip into it can i fill it with something? or could i fill it with bondo and paint the hood? ill get a pic tomorrow so you gys can see.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if its going to need work and painting..i'd rather just keep the stock hood..not worth the money fixing and painting IMO

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if ur going to do all the work do it..

but its not really worth going thru all that trouble and end up painting it anyways defeats the purpose of having a cf hood..

buts its really on ya

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
unless he can do all the body work himself then that's the only thing i can see worth doing, but as others have stated above, keep the stock one or get a new cf hood

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well he got the hood with the car so the stock is out of the question he doesnt care if its CF oh not as long as its fixed its fine clear coat finish is all faded, thats y i ask if there is a way to fix CF and make it look like it never happened

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd use body filler and paint it but if you want to restore the gel coat you can but it will still have the chip. if you search there should be threads about it, i know its been done a lot.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
o ok so getting it to look normal is out im going to just body fill it and paint it black heh thanks for the info

RIP Formula

5+ Year Member
well if ur going to do all the work do it..

but its not really worth going thru all that trouble and end up painting it anyways defeats the purpose of having a cf hood..

buts its really on ya

i thought the purpose of a CF hood was to reduce weight, not just visual appeal

does paint really weigh that much?

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i thought the purpose of a CF hood was to reduce weight, not just visual appeal

does paint really weigh that much?

20 oz of paint, (just over a pound in weight) will put a good 3 coats on the hood of a civic
same for clear

so you're looking at 2.5 lbs for paint... if that.

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fill it and paint it. it can never be repaired to look like a new CF hood. you can fix the peeling but not the chunk missing.