metaphorical makeup

gooddog

Rally X
I'm in a tough spot financial as I'm sure a lot of you are as well. However Ive seen some things done to EFs that accent everything else on the car quite nicely. Any ideas on some relatively inexpensive things to do to improve the look of our beloved EFs?

Vinyl wrapping parts of the car, (front lip, under spoiler)
Tinting lights
Painting suspension components
I've seen the rusted hood look, but I am not sure about that. (that's a euro thing right?)
Polishing exhaust with chrome polish

Anything else I may be missing?

Please don't flame, I just want to get my project underway while saving for MPFI swap, suspension parts, etc.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
One other thing I have seen done is to put a red pinstrip around the trim... it makes it look like a SIR!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any ideas on some relatively inexpensive things to do to improve the look of our beloved EFs?Please don't flame, I just want to get my project underway while saving for MPFI swap, suspension parts, etc.
Don't follow the hipster trends, like rusting anything out, stickerbombing body panels or trying to "hellaflush" your wheels.

Save up for your MPFI swap and suspension you want, don't waste your time and money on stupid things before you get the stuff like that done first. All it does it take funds away from your larger goal.

One other thing I have seen done is to put a red pinstrip around the trim... it makes it look like a SIR!

Works well with 88/89 moldings as they have a channel in the middle of the molding, making it easier to paint.

Javier.San1993

Agree with Mr Baker. Save up for performance. Better to have a running car, than a panty dropper that doesn't run. Lol

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

gooddog

Rally X
Save up for your MPFI swap and suspension you want, don't waste your time and money on stupid things before you get the stuff like that done first. All it does it take funds away from your larger goal.
Solid advice. Thankyou

d-_-b

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're in a financial tough spot, then why are you modding the car? Where are your priorities?

You FIX the car...make it FUNCTIONAL, no more. Once MORE money is STABLE. STABLE. STABLE. Can I stress that more? Once you have MORE STABLE money, then mod the car.

I took a break from modding one of my cars for years to get financially better. I HATED it, but it's called responsibility and it's what I had to do.

gooddog

Rally X
If you're in a financial tough spot, then why are you modding the car? Where are your priorities?

You FIX the car...make it FUNCTIONAL, no more. Once MORE money is STABLE. STABLE. STABLE. Can I stress that more? Once you have MORE STABLE money, then mod the car.

I took a break from modding one of my cars for years to get financially better. I HATED it, but it's called responsibility and it's what I had to do.
Hows the view from your high horse?

gooddog

Rally X
Pretty fantastic. My style of thinking has gotten me pretty far. Your style, not so much. ;)
:roll: You don't know me. You don't know my style. And you aren't any better than me despite how much you seem to think you are. Lets agree to disagree about our OPINIONS.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gooddog, this isn't my battle, but, Puma is right, she has a good head on her shoulders, and she gives solid advice, I'd at least take it into consideration.

That being said, I don't know what you were planning or expecting to spend on your MPFI swap, but, I too am in a financial hard spot, and just so happen to have a D15B7 manifold, complete (minus map sensor) aaannnddd a D16Z6 engine harness aaannnddd a Virgin P28... PM me, lets haggle =)

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:roll: You don't know me. You don't know my style. And you aren't any better than me despite how much you seem to think you are. Lets agree to disagree about our OPINIONS.
I don't think I'm better, but I've learned first hand, and I learn from my experiences. If my experience was bad, I didn't repeat. If it was good, I repeat and maybe tweak to make it great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

gooddog

Rally X
Gooddog, this isn't my battle, but, Puma is right, she has a good head on her shoulders, and she gives solid advice, I'd at least take it into consideration.

That being said, I don't know what you were planning or expecting to spend on your MPFI swap, but, I too am in a financial hard spot, and just so happen to have a D15B7 manifold, complete (minus map sensor) aaannnddd a D16Z6 engine harness aaannnddd a Virgin P28... PM me, lets haggle =)

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(
Ive got a Z6 manifold, obd1 injectors and a z6 head w/ no valve cover.
Im still lookin for a throttle body, obd1 dizzy, and p28 ecu.

gooddog

Rally X
I don't think I'm better, but I've learned first hand, and I learn from my experiences. If my experience was bad, I didn't repeat. If it was good, I repeat and maybe tweak to make it great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I must have misread the tone of your original post. misinterpretation coupled with the thoughts of my painfully stock civic got me all confrontational. :smackself MY BAD YO

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have all of that ;) PM me, I'll give you my cell number, lets make a deal ;)

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
I dont understand why you people dont just give the advice towards answering the post versus keeping your mouth shut. With that being said to the OP ive seen people with our model car do the hood latch where the hood lifts off towards the windshield (looks kinda cool to me). I also purchased a wide view mirror which looks good in my interior opposed to the tiny premature stock rear view mirror. That was cheap $10 from advance auto. And the view is amazing. Good luck.

gooddog

Rally X
I dont understand why you people dont just give the advice towards answering the post versus keeping your mouth shut. With that being said to the OP ive seen people with our model car do the hood latch where the hood lifts off towards the windshield (looks kinda cool to me). I also purchased a wide view mirror which looks good in my interior opposed to the tiny premature stock rear view mirror. That was cheap $10 from advance auto. And the view is amazing. Good luck.
are you talking about the hood opening like a fiero?

mhorton

Not to stir things up, but to me it sounds like this is what he is doing. He didn't mention anything being wrong with the car that needs fixing unless I misread, and he's putting off his mods until he can afford it. He's just looking for some low dollar tweaks to give him some satifation in the meantime.

One suggestion for an inexpensive visual change, you can sand and paint your calipers with high temp spray paint. It won't last forever but looks much better than rust.
And please don't 'rust' your body panels. I don't think thats a 'Euro' thing, its just a dumb thing (sorry if you like the look, but thats my opinion).

gooddog

Rally X
Not to stir things up, but to me it sounds like this is what he is doing. He didn't mention anything being wrong with the car that needs fixing unless I misread, and he's putting off his mods until he can afford it. He's just looking for some low dollar tweaks to give him some satifation in the meantime.
This