mileage + turbo?

Black!e

5+ Year Member
would it be ok to turbo (only like 7psi) at 190K miles on a stock D16Y8, also what would i need to replace/upgrade to make sure my engine lives for a much longer time ex.(pistons etc.) i havent had any problems at all no oil leaks or anything

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First do a compression check. I say arp headstuds and a new HG is standard for any turbo motor IMO.

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a super charger for you sohc but yeah same as abovehead gasket and bolts is a must

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
supercharger is not as good as turbo... it uses more power just to run it. A turbo is way more efficiant. But yeah, as the 1st guy said, so a compression and leakdown. The best person to ask about all of this is your local shop/tuner.

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
supercharger is not as good as turbo... it uses more power just to run it. A turbo is way more efficiant. But yeah, as the 1st guy said, so a compression and leakdown. The best person to ask about all of this is your local shop/tuner.
Yeah, it is more efficient because you don't get as much power throughout the whole rpm band. Read up on both before you decide which one to go with and make an informed decision. You could probably turbo for cheaper tho. I would say head gasket for sure, you can find whole engine gasket kits for like $120-150 or something, At this point you would be happier to have changed them then have to do it later after your set up. Have fun