miles on a car

stouse

i know civics usually can take more miles but would a civic with 250k be a bad one to buy?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends if it was rebuilt or not. Has the headgasket, timing belt, or anything else been replaced?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanna say i would pass on it. It looks like he mods it and if the timing belt and headgasket werent replaced lately, its time is coming. And if he mods it, he probably beats on it. Now i could be wrong, but i recommend you drive it and see. Also get the service records if possible

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would pass.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Depends on the price? I mean if he wants 1200 sure go for it...

Also depends on how mechanical you are, if your super mechanical like I am with Civic's the mileage means NOTHING to me as long as the price matches it... So I pick up a 1200 beater, new timing belt would run me 200 bucks with everything... So 1400 and the car runs like a top....

So a lot of factors but cost is the #1

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow, who would pay anything close to that for it? Especially with 250k on the odometer!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It isn't worth $500, let alone $3200. The length of these engines is based on how well they were taken care of. I wouldn't trust that ANY of the previous owners did what they were supposed to do. Taking a car to 250k with all the maintenance done throughout is COMPLETELY different than one that was neglected.

stouse

i think ill just start posting the other cars that im looking at on this thread so im not making a new one every hour, so if you guys could keep checking on this thread from time to time id appreciate it

stouse

heres another hatchback im checking out.

94 hatchback

single cam vtec
p28 chipped
2step launch control
sitting on si rims with good tires
good paint is green
detachable steering wheel
amber corners
black housing headlights
hids
straight pipe with tip
wire tuck
lip kit
battery in rear
no ac or ps

http://images.craigslist.org/3nc3m33la5V05Z65U6b2e8755b9e2a9cf1f00.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/3k23ma3l85Y05T55R4b2efc53dcdbb6e1167e.jpg

looks fine to me but as always im proven wrong so tell me what you think, im also going out this weekend to check out some of these cars so ill let you know how they drive on monday

emerican

Registered VIP
How much is the hatch. I hope you dont live somewhere hot if your considering a car with no ac and no ps for a dd is a pain in the ass.

stouse

the guy wants 4500 for it, all these dude on here selling civic sell them for way too much. the only one that is nice and a reasonable price is one im going to look at this weekend

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah especially somewhere like that i wouldnt get a car with no ac.
Im guessign that was the mod list he had on the add notice that he didnt list any brand names for what he did. Was it off brand or quality parts cause i would never trust my life to a knockoff 50 dollar detachable sterring wheel. You just gotta look good man i got my car off craiglist 2300 bone stock 98 ex 177,000 on it brand new entire ac system battery muffler and more came with the recipts showing where everything had ever been done to the car and at what miles it was done he was the only owner of the car ever.

stouse

id be fine with no ac but im guessing ill have to find out if all the parts arent off brand

and what is a p28?

emerican

Registered VIP
p28 is the ecu
Your fine with no ac in arizona you will regret that
Its a pain in the ass to drive a car with no power sterring every day