mini me SWAP problems HELP!!!!!!

LU!$

5+ Year Member
ok i basicly, i blew my head gasket and decided to just do a mini me swap. i have a 93 civic coupe with a d15b7. i changed the head with a d16y8. got the dizzy and a ecu for it but im a vergin to the honda scene. got parts that thought were gonna go and plug up. basicly i didnt do my home work. it was a last minute thing and just reacted real quick. so i put the head on with the right gasket and it came with the stock intake and i bought a dizzy that fit. the ecu doesnt plug in caus i thought the guy had sold me a p28 and its a p2p. the car turns on the belt doesnt wine or anything but the car wont stay on. i dont have the wirin kit for the vtec and im running on the d15 ecu and harness. finally, question is can it run wit that stock harness and ecu??? if it can how do i wire up the vtec??? if not wat do i need to do, buy ??????? and runnin very low on funds!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EJAaron

5+ Year Member
i think your problem might lie with the distributer cause if its an obd2 dizzy then i dont think it will work with obd1 wiring but im not sure, but when I did my mini me swap on my 95 coupe all i did was change the head, iand bought a p28, and a head gasket, other then tha i kept the stock dizzy and intake mani and hardware and just wired up my vtak

LU!$

5+ Year Member
Than Imma Try To Just Put The Stock Dizzy Back On To See If It Works. How Did You Wire The Vtec. Were Can I Find Instructions?

Don

5+ Year Member
You need to get a Vtec controller.
If you put the head on just like that the Vtec won't know when to kick in.
Meening you don't gain much.

On my Previous Honda i ran the Gotech Pro ecu kit.
Get engine management. Your car will run great.

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
u dont need all that mess just pay ur $3 for the junk yard snip off the vtec plug and hard wire it in the car, which head gasket, and timing belt did u use and u have to either chang out that p2p, also if u use ur stock dizzy only 2 of the bolts will work which might cause a small oil leak just depends i guess on that

CivicMafia

5+ Year Member
The motor problem you stated is very vauge, If you got a decent camera take a video and email / pm me the link or just email it to me and i can help alot more.

LU!$

5+ Year Member
Ok Look- The Engine Turns On But Wont Stay On Nor Idle. Da P2p Wont Hook Up At All To My Stock Harness. And Those Vtec Wires Are A Pain In The Ass To Find Locally. Any One Live In Orlando Thats Willin To Land A Helpin Hand?????

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Okay, you don't need vtec plugs specifically. You could use the plug off the AC compressor off a civic/integra and basically any 2 wire round plug off a harness, its not hard. Will take about 30 minutes to do if you run the wires into the harness and behind the battery tray with the rest of the harness.
What head do you have, y8 or z6? If you have a y8 head then you can use your d15 distributor. The y8 distributor will work just fine if you wired it up right. Look here and compare your wiring.
www.phearable.net
Don't use the p2p, its a waste of time, and you will also have to wire up a CKF sensor and a knock sensor.(plus you'd have to get an adapter harness to even plug it up.) Get a p28.