mini me then turbo cam

born2sleep13

5+ Year Member
I have a y7 block and a y8 head that should come together this summer for a mini-me. I plan on getting a mild P&P with supertech springs and possilbly valves. The next step in the build will be piecing a turbo setup. That is only in the research planing stage. My question come with buying a new camshaft. If I plan on going boosted after the vtec head swap is there a good cam to get that will serve both purposes or should i hold off and only get a cam once I'm piecing the turbo setup together?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Running a cam with a grind suited for a turbo wont hurt at all while still running NA. There was a local guy here that was running an NA engine with vitaras and a turbo cam(dont remember the brand) and still dipped into the 13s NA.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I have driven with my set uo just a little with crower stage 2 turbo cam. I heard and seen the bisimoto isnt to bad for daily driving. It says its not but ehh. It gets the most power next to its knock off. I think knock off was zex. They did an article about the best cams in tuner magaizine I believe. You can search for it and find out more. I had already ordered my cam before that read.

born2sleep13

5+ Year Member
So daily driving on a turbo cam with an N/A setup wont hurt performance, just regular driving no hard pulls or autocross till the turbos done.
failsafe is that crower stage 2 turbo cam in am N/A setup? if so is the cam noticable thru the powerband?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Running a cam with a grind suited for a turbo wont hurt at all while still running NA. There was a local guy here that was running an NA engine with vitaras and a turbo cam(dont remember the brand) and still dipped into the 13s NA.
please say that as in the 1/8. Otherwise I call total BS

born2sleep13

5+ Year Member
bump for any more info on the effects on drivablity running a turbo grind cam on an N/A set up