Mini-Me Turbo!

Sipocketrocket

5+ Year Member
i have a d16z6 block with a d16y8 head i stripped the whole block down tonight im bringning it to the machine shop on friday. i am looking to build this setup the right way to handle power so i was told there are piston rods bearings gaskets timing belts water pumps everything you need for a turbo block. there are kits that include all of these you will need to rebuild your block for turbo. i have been looking around everywhere and i cant find any so i need some help on were to find these kits!!! thanks. or if any of my former honda homiez on club civic have any ideas for me too i would like to know thanks!!

slomotion

Banned
hey guy, find a member called "got traction" hes a D-series guru. as for the rebuild, there are so many companies selling rebuild kits, you gotta just do your research. gl

Autoworks

5+ Year Member
A Z6 block, Y8 head wouldn't actually be a mini me. (A non vtec block, vtec head combo would create a mini me. You have a vtec block/vtec head, just different series)

Building the block is a great start. We like to used forged pistons, others have had success w/ the cast piston option. Both need to be matched to a set of rods.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no one company that sells a kit for turbo rebuild... since everything isnt currently made by one manufacturer. there may be some sellers on ebay... but i wouldnt tust them...

just do some shopping and searching and find the parts you like... thats the best way really.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a d16z6 block with a d16y8 head i stripped the whole block down tonight im bringning it to the machine shop on friday. i am looking to build this setup the right way to handle power so i was told there are piston rods bearings gaskets timing belts water pumps everything you need for a turbo block. there are kits that include all of these you will need to rebuild your block for turbo. i have been looking around everywhere and i cant find any so i need some help on were to find these kits!!! thanks. or if any of my former honda homiez on club civic have any ideas for me too i would like to know thanks!!

what is your horsepower goal? from there we can further assist you. The combo kit from FJT is pretty good though.

hey guy, find a member called "got traction" hes a D-series guru. as for the rebuild, there are so many companies selling rebuild kits, you gotta just do your research. gl
thanks man :thumbup: Once you figure out the motor set up then get ahold of Go-Autoworks. They have GREAT priced turbo kits and the quality is excellent. Im actually still waiting on Go-Autoworks to say they wanna sponsor a west coast turbo d series and send me some of their products :lol:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Sipocketrocket

5+ Year Member
no idea for what turbo yet just foucusing on the engine first then when its all done looka at a kit those go auto werks looks cool though not to pricy!

slomotion

Banned
what is your horsepower goal? from there we can further assist you. The combo kit from FJT is pretty good though.

thanks man :thumbup: Once you figure out the motor set up then get ahold of Go-Autoworks. They have GREAT priced turbo kits and the quality is excellent. Im actually still waiting on Go-Autoworks to say they wanna sponsor a west coast turbo d series and send me some of their products :lol:
just got my setup together and today saw this, thought id say thanks for the turbo kit resource. once i actually get some photos tonight i will postm up.:beer: