Miss firing in Vtec

TurboIntegra

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, I have a b18c fully built bottem end with a b16a head, and a t3/4E turbo. I'm running the orginial Integra LS wiring harness modified to work with a vtec motor. Also using a the Skunk2 OBD2 to 1 covertion harness all of which leads to a OBD 1 ECU with stage 2 hondata. But the car is missing in Vtec, It makes good power to up the vtec change over but then not longer makes good power gains after that. I have already replaced the MSD coil, control box, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and a full distributor. The full air mix and the ecu program are perfect and the ecu runs in other cars. Any ideas?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you tune it yourself? it may need tuning..... :what:

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or scratch the motor, email me, ill give you mah addy, and you can send me the motor, nothing beats starting over lol

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wonder if your cams are okay............ which ones are you using and what condition are they in?

misfiring only in vtec would suggest that your tuning is off........ maybe the program advances your timing too far, or your fuel curve is f**ked somewhere.........

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Team 4R
i wonder if your cams are okay............ which ones are you using and what condition are they in?

misfiring only in vtec would suggest that your tuning is off........ maybe the program advances your timing too far, or your fuel curve is f**ked somewhere.........
I was thinking the same thing. If it's only doing it in vtec, I was thinking about your cam lobes, or the fuel mixture the comp is sending. Timing would be another issue because of the compression ratio and nature of the LS/VTEC. they can be very finiky cuz they werent really designed to be stuck together.

TurboIntegra

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Using the stock B16A cams, but the compression ratio was dropped to 9 to 1 with the rebuild of the GSR block. Sorry forgot to put that part in the original post. But we looked over the past dyno runs before the motor was rebuild and it was missing then also, just didn't noticed it.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if its not your a/f ratio, its the timing, you probably have it advanced too far. kick it back a few degrees, and it should reduce the problem. the reason its making such good power before it begins to miss is the advanced timing.

1bad-eg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
if its not your a/f ratio, its the timing, you probably have it advanced too far. kick it back a few degrees, and it should reduce the problem. the reason its making such good power before it begins to miss is the advanced timing. [/QUOTE

Also check your valve lash. If the valves are too tight it can cause a misfire like you're describing.