Missfire when idling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeKid

Hey guys i own a 93 civc ex with the d16z6. Recently it has started feeling like it is missing when im at idle. The weird thing is when i turn the AC on it goes away. The spark plugs, wires, and distributor were just replaced a few months ago. I was thinking that it may be a fuel issue such as fuel pump or injector because of the fact that when I turn the AC on it stops, and to my understanding with the AC on it pulls on the motor making more fuel dump in to be burned for the extra power needed. If anybody can help it would be great.

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like a low idle problem. CEL codes? Have you cleaned the IACV and FITV?

AnimeKid

I mean it feels like a miss but i did realize that it is idling low and it almost stalled out today when i was just driving slow. I just replaced the iacv two months ago and the fitv. The weird thing is it hasnt effected the performance of the car, and there is no cel. I know that the cel works cause i srewed up my o2 sensor and it did come on but that has been fixed. Compression is also perfectly fine on all cylinders.

Wolb93

Could be Vacuum leak? I would recommend checking you vacuum lines, or taking it someone to run a smoke test on your car to really know if it has any leaks in the lines.

AnimeKid

Cool I will check that out thank you. Its weird it stopped doing it the other day and hasnt done it since then but it does still have a weird feeling now almost like it is has a slight cam to it, kinda sounds cool. I did notice that my headers are leaking could that have any thing to with it?

AnimeKid

Well its still idling low, but the weird part is it is only doing it during the day and idles fine during the night hours. Its really weird I have taken it to six different shops and none of them can figure out what is wrong with it. Here is the list of things already done, fuel pump, pump relay, fuel filter, alternator, distributor, spark plugs, wires, IACV, FITV, cleaned the throttle body and intake, and brand new pcv valve. Only thing I have not changed yet is the fuel pressure regulator. Oh and the injectors are squirting. Anyone have a clue or some insight.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1 thread for the same problem is sufficient. Please update that if you have anything to add or perhaps take the advice RonJ has given you and put it to use instead of just re-asking the questions over and over or just throwing parts at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.