Mma Ko.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, the one time I got knocked out, I didn't even remember what I got hit with.. but when I woke up I felt like I was going to throw up and I had the headache from hell. lol
ive been knocked out 2x in my life. one to a hook kick ( i think i felt the hit, fell down, woke up and didnt know wat happened) and another falling off a truck and hitting my head on concrete. to this day... i dont even think it ever happened. all i remember is waking up in my bed and not remembering how i got into my bed. everyone (about 10-12 ppl) tease me. we were playing football in the snow.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, It's crazy how it just happens like that... You're their doing whatever... next thing you know you're looking at the ceiling, trying to figure out what happened in between.

I got knocked out by a crescent kick across the side of the face back when I was a white belt. Never saw it coming. A black belt was trying to teach me a lesson (to make sure I keep my hands a certain way when we get that close...) I learned that lesson quick, lol.

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I haven't gotten knocked out yet... though I've come close in jiu-jitsu from the submission stuff. It's pretty crazy when you just start getting dizzy and you get tunnel vision and it all starts to go black... haha

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, yea it is.. we worked on some basic chokes where you cut off the arteries on the sides of the neck and that s**t makes you feel really strange for a minute.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, yea it is.. we worked on some basic chokes where you cut off the arteries on the sides of the neck and that s**t makes you feel really strange for a minute.
I always thought it was very comfortable feeling. LIke when you have a long day and you throw on a big blanket and fall right asleep. I like falling asleep when I am warm. I dunno maybe im a wierdo.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
AAU?

We just had our AAU regionals. Three of my club members are heading to nationals. I didn't compete. I'm not too big on competition anymore.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i prefer the OMG, WTF and BBQ styles

:lol:

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
AAU?

We just had our AAU regionals. Three of my club members are heading to nationals. I didn't compete. I'm not too big on competition anymore.
No, it's not the AAU. It's just a small UFMA regional tournament. The local schools in the area get together once every 3 or 4 months and hold a tournament. It's just fun to go... nerve-racking though:cool:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No, it's not the AAU. It's just a small UFMA regional tournament. The local schools in the area get together once every 3 or 4 months and hold a tournament. It's just fun to go... nerve-racking though:cool:
Nice, let us know how you do.

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So there weren't enough people in my division and I ended up bumping up and competing with the 1st/2nd dan adult males (no pressure, haha). I'm a red belt but we have a brown belt too so technically I think I'm a 4th Gup. I was so nervous :lol:

I took third out of five in forms, which I thought was awesome since I was competing with a lower ranked pattern. They were demonstrating Gae-Baek.

Here's the vid:
[YOUTUBE="Choong-Moo Form"]vsDUymv2GQI[/YOUTUBE]

I got clocked pretty good in sparring from a round kick and couldn't compete well since my head was spinning and throbbing, haha.

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And here's a vid of my epic pwnge:

[YOUTUBE="Kick to the face"]YPd32E45HMA[/YOUTUBE]

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kaepos...---- nice form in that vid. i cant belive they didnt place you higher... i could never get my forms that clean.. and are you that big guy? thats a shame you kicked that little kid so hard. you knew you were wrong!

boost- lolz.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, that kick looked really really painful.

The form looked good, very snappy, excellent control. The kicks could use a little more power, and it seemed like you kind of rushed the form a bit... but overall it was excellent.

Congrats on doing so well.

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm the little guy... lol

I did rush it a bit. I learned the form about 2 weeks before the tournament, and I didn't expect to have to compete in the black belt division, so I was pretty stinking nervous.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm the little guy... lol

I did rush it a bit. I learned the form about 2 weeks before the tournament, and I didn't expect to have to compete in the black belt division, so I was pretty stinking nervous.
dont you have weight divisions?!?! jesus. hes huge compared to you.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't usually have weight divisions in smaller tournaments. In fact, i've only ever been in one tournament that had weight divisions.. and that was a state tournament. Even then, there was nobody in my division so they had to bump me up to the next one. Just gotta suck it up and bare it, lol.

I know what it's like learning a form right before a tournament. lol. I had to do that once. The conversation about a week before the tournament went something like this

Instructor: You going to the tournament?
Me: I don't think so, I don't even know my form yet
Instructor: You can learn your form, I'll help you.
Me: In one week, I'm not sure I can do it.
Instructor: You're going.
Me: Yes, sir...

lol... I won too. However, at the time the form I learned was much less advanced than the one you performed. You did an excellent job for learning it so shortly before your demonstration.