Mma Ko.

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope, no weight divisions. They divide us up by age and rank. Usually, if there's not enough people in the division, everyone gets bumped up. We've had instances of co-ed divisions too.

Thanks for the compliments about the form. I was all good til I found out I had to compete with the 1/2 dan guys. At that point, I figured I had to step my game up and "outperform" since they're black belts... you know how it is ;)

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive never been in a tourney w/o weight classes. i faught at 135 and i always had to be under it. they weigh you as soon as you walk in the door. (for blk belts)

they only time ill ever go up if when i was a lower rank. id fight above my belt because it was like one fight,.. in that division.. then id go up in rank and weight.. they were always tough those bigger guys.

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here's the guy I beat out for 3rd... we ended up tying and had to do a "sudden death" demonstration of our patterns at the same time. You can just watch 2 minutes into it... or watch it all to see him spar and take first :P

[YOUTUBE="Tied"]JB_Xh5M2gdk[/YOUTUBE]