mmmm...now we have a 05 s/c mustang sheriff car

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
talk about a waste of taxpayer money.

NH doesn't have any cool cop cars. My town has a Neon but who the hell is going to waste their time on a stock neon anyways?

Oh we have an ATV cop... He's fat.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
I'm pretty sure most 300hp crown vic squad cars, with officers who have had actual high speed pursuit training, can keep up with some slow fwd hondas around the turns, and in the straights ;)

nawww y0 unless I break out my F&F Tokyo driftin' skillz y0...

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
nawww y0 unless I break out my F&F Tokyo driftin' skillz y0...
Je but once dey buzt out der m33d EMP rifles you done be to3st!

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we have cops in '67 Jaguar XKEs

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the law is getting out of hand.

faster cop cars = provokes racers to step it up a notch. which will only lead to potentially more accidents and more deaths.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:

faster cop cars = provokes racers to step it up a notch. which will only lead to potentially more accidents and more deaths.
I agree

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:

It's actually the other way around. Dumbass street racers are getting faster cars so the cops needs faster cars so they can keep up and do their jobs.

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
northwest suburbs in illinois has a camaro ss or z28 as a cop car idk which one it is. there are some unmarked mustangs, t/a, and camaros

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i believe here in sacto, cali ..the law enforcement agency is changing out the old crowny fleets for a whole new fleets of the hemi chargers

bigpatskize

Fat boy with AWD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't know if these is true or not but i have heard that around in hattiesburg the town right next to me that there is an unmarked s/c cobra stang thats pulling over street racers :what:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
It's actually the other way around. Dumbass street racers are getting faster cars so the cops needs faster cars so they can keep up and do their jobs.
and what will the "dumbass street racers" do once cops can keep up with em? start to give up? or try to be faster and be more sneaky and cause more trouble

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do the drivers pay for them like their own car or does the tax payers really pay for this s**t?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
We have a Yellow M3.
Probably a drug seizure car.

...unless your city council has the local BMW dealer on it. :lol:

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wilmington is crawling with Impala SS's and Hemi Chargers as their squad cars...now the unmarked cars are a different story. Take that s/c mustang in the picture are remove the decal, untint the windows(if they were tinted) and thats what either the unmarked Wilmington cops are using or the unmarked NC State Troopers use(cant tell cuz no markings lol at all...whatsoever) the cops driving don't even wear uniforms since the windows aren't tinted

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
I'm pretty sure most 300hp crown vic squad cars, with officers who have had actual high speed pursuit training, can keep up with some slow fwd hondas around the turns, and in the straights ;)
the Crown Vic Police Interceptor is only about 250 hp. It's slower 0-60 than the Dodge Intrepid (8.7 vs 9.1) and only 1/10th of a second faster to 60 than the Impala (9.2)

Moot point. Police cars have radios and radiowaves are faster than any car. Plus, the Ford out masses just about any Civic for the PIT.....course you have to worry about burning to death in one of the many Crown Vic fires :???:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
Do the drivers pay for them like their own car or does the tax payers really pay for this s**t?
:lol: No, they don't make the payments if that's what you're asking. These cop cars, every last one of them, belong to the tax payers. They are who pay for it all.

As far as undercover cop cars I've heard we have here:

2004-2005 white Subaru STi (Everett)
New Ford Mustang Mach I (Everett)
Lifted Ford F250 (Kirkland, Monroe)
Late 90's WHite Chevrolet Camaro (King County)
White Dodge Neons (King County)
Dodge Magnums (Bremerton)
Gold RHD Acura NSX (Bremerton)
Volvo S70 wagon (Issaquah)
Lincoln Navigator (Issaquah)
Ford Explorer (167)
Dodge Stratus (Auburn)
Gold Chrysler Minivan (Puyallup - Auburn)
Blue Nissan 300ZX TT (Puyallup - Auburn)
Chrysler PT Cruiser (Puyallup)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06s (Tacoma, Lakewood)
Ford Windstar (Tacoma)
2000-2001 Chevrolet Malibus (Olympia)
2000-2002 Ford Taurus (Olympia)
Dark Blue 1995-1999 Chevrolet Tahoe on 20s (Olympia)
Volvo S40s (State Patrol)
Jeep Wranglers
Blue Subaru STi
Ford Mustangs (these are known to go to races)
Chevrolet Suburbans
Chevrolet Camaros
Dodge Intrepids
Lifted Ford Expedition on 22s
Taxi (not sure of the make/model, probably a Crown Vic though)

There's also a marked 2005 Porsche Carerra with "City of Longview" written in green and blue letters on the side.

I also heard there was a marked 7th gen Si with the lights and PD stickers in Bristish Columbia (not that that's right here).

Vancouver have two Z06 interceptors, three minivans (Honda and 2 Dodges), a couple new Intrepids, several Impalas, and the downtown precinct has a Viper. The Viper is pitch black with big white SWAT written on the side, with "Rapid Response" written in smaller letters under the SWAT. All the other cars are unmarked, though I'm thinking the 'vettes are saved for critical pursuit situations. The minivans worry me the most. I mean, come on, who the hell is going to think that minivan behind you is a cop?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Corvette Z06? what the hell purpose does that serve?

Sure, you can pursue anyone at 160+. What then? Are you going to attempt a PIT manuever at triple digit speeds in a Corvette? Not if you have any sense at all.
They could have bought two fully equipped Tahoes. They could have applied that amount (+ a lot more) towards a FLIR equipped A-Star.

Cops should not engage in one on one pursuits. Their strongest assets in a pursuit are teamwork and communication.

Look at what cops choose for motorcycles. The BMW? The Kawasaki? Not nearly as often as they choose Harley Davidson. Ever seen the 1/4 mi time for an FXRP? It's like 14 seconds. :roll: Like the Crown Vic, performance is not necessary when you have good communication and teamwork. Some depts prefer the Tahoe for it's higher ride height, better visibility and greater mass. No mention of 1/4 mile time.

Your City Manager should be fired immediately if those 'vettes were purchased. If you have that kind of tax surplus going on surely it could be better spent on something else. Or just rebated to the taxpayer. That kind of s**t is irresponsible.

They have to be drug seizures. That's my guess.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:

Not really since most departments now have very strict pursuit policies. Either way, nobody can outrun a radio. Faster Police vehicles act as a deterrent but are a waste for the most part since many can't transport any arrested persons or carry much equipment.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
holy crap amy, that is a long ass list that I have to watch out for. Oh wait, i only speed not street race.