mod from hell

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The 99-00 dash conversion is the biggest pain in the ass in the world. I've spent about a good day and a half on it and am almost done. Wayyyyy more headache than I thought. I have a few questions though.
1. I don't think I tapped the correct wires to get the rear defrost to work, does anyone know which they are?
2. I recharged my AC and it blows cold, but I cannot get hot air. Could this be because I have not added any coolant to the car yet (most if not all bled out when I had to remove the evaporator).
3. My steering column has a very very small amount of play (up and down), is this normal? I don't remember if it did this before.

On the bright side, my Pioneer AVIC-D1 gps looks SICK in the new double din of my 99-00 climate control and radio neatly tucked away in the lower din. I will be sure to post pics when I have am finished.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ive heard!!
lol my friend wants to do the same mod to his 98. Ill send him this link.

BTW when you read this, youre a b***h.
-luv stace

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on a scale of 1-10, how much of a pain in the ass was the conversion? i've been considering attemting this for a while but never comitted. sorry, can't help u with ur problem though

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you're a brave soul

xLascox

5+ Year Member
i just finished this swap last weekend, it took me about 10- hours. it really isnt a pain at all. i think that people just get intimidated because of the mess that it is. i am having the hot air issue though. honestly i think that the hardest part is taking off the hoses to the heater core. but other than that its like playing with legos.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on a scale of 1-10, how much of a pain in the ass was the conversion? i've been considering attemting this for a while but never comitted. sorry, can't help u with ur problem though
On a scale of 1-10, I would say an 8.

i just finished this swap last weekend, it took me about 10- hours. it really isnt a pain at all. i think that people just get intimidated because of the mess that it is. i am having the hot air issue though. honestly i think that the hardest part is taking off the hoses to the heater core. but other than that its like playing with legos.
Yes, taking off the hoses took about half of the time of the entire conversion.