Modifying 93' civic

Jayke94

Hey guys, I'm kind of new to being a honda owner, so no hate please. I bought a 1993 honda civic about 4 months ago , I have put straight pipes and a 4 inch outlet Highflow XForce exhaust on. I want to know what I can do to make it faster without turbo kit or engine swap? Please

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You could put a supercharger on it, or build it N/A.

If you opt for the N/A route, the cost will outweigh the reward and you won't be very happy in the end.

Jayke94

Yeah could do. If I was to spend that much I would definitely do a engine swap. Cost wise, what Could I do to intake, or any other affordable mods?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Intake, header, exhaust, maybe a cam and some cam gears. Lighter flywheel, maybe a different clutch.
Possibly a head swap for a VTEC head, but I'm not sure what motor is currently in the car and if there's an available head for yours.
Then get some kind of engine management or ECU and get it tuned.

If you want more than that, it's time to tear into the block and go after the pistons, rods, port & polish, work the crank I think, some other odds & ends.
But like I said, that really wouldn't be worth the money & down time unfortunately to go that far