Mods? Your opinions please

napalmatomic

Hello all. I've got myself a stock 96 ex, d16y8 engine.

Now i'm not too versed in cars and components, so I'm looking for ideas as to modifications. I'd like to speed it up, and I don't know perhaps how I could do that. Someone mentioned getting a catback exhaust and headers. Others have suggested swapping the engine.

I don't want to dump too much money into the car, but am willing to spend a reasonable amount.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nitrous

Last edited:

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. Post pics of your car if you have any. I think you should drop it or do something like exhaust or w/e.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Either you make it somewhat fast and spend lots of money, or you spend "a reasonable amount" and it stays slow as hell. There's no in-between for hondas...

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well like they said there isnt really a cheap way of making it faster, but, if you arent to concerned with name brand stuff you can get a header back exhaust over ebay around $250 shipped to your door, then another $250 can usually find you a new intake manifold and either a cold air intake or short ram intake.

lowering doesnt make it any faster, all it does is the obvious...I wont ever understand why you all like to lower cars so much, honestly I hate it.

But just remember its your car and just because someone says to do something doesnt mean you should always go out and do it.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with nitrous you will spend roughly $300-$600 and make an extra 50-75 hp... there is NO OTHER modification that is THAT cost effective..