Moonroof for 2005 Civic Hybrid

cricket1001

5+ Year Member
I just purchased a 2005 Civic Hybrid and got the extra 100,000 warranty added on. I called a dealer to see how much it would cost to get a moonroof, remote start and tow hitch added to my car and they said that Honda couldn't add those items to my car because it was a 2005. If I got those items added outside of Honda would that mean I would lose my 100,000 mile warranty?

Has anyone gotten a moonroof for their 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid? I am so surprized that Honda couldn't put one in for me. Same with the other items.

Thanks,

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the moon roof is just added weight for a hybrid 4 banger , why doesn't the prius have one? But has HID's?
and they're trying to get you the best price possible for a hybrid i believe. None of civics ever came with remote start from factory or an option.

I wouldn't reccomend adding a moonroof with a car that didn't come with one, you could run into a lot of complications.

btw, i love my moonroof. :D

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
call up honda of america.... they have many many problems with the dealerships

cricket1001

5+ Year Member
Update

I went to another dealer and he said that I could get a Honda Moonroof and remote start for my 2005 Civic Hybrid and he said they could do it for $1500.

So with 2 dealers saying the opposite things I called Honda USA and the guy their said that he would not recommend getting a remote start for the hybrid. He said their isn't a remoter start made for the hybrid and he would definitely recommend not getting one put in. He said he thought it would be ok to put a moonroof in though. I did ask him if it would be ok to put in heated seats and he did think that would be ok. So I think I will go that route. But I am very discourage by the dealers. I just hate trusting dealers. I wish I could find one that I could really trust that was around me.