motor and Trans swap

Buckn8ked

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need to know what all is needed to drop a JDM D15B SOHC VTEC Engine & 5 Speed Transmission Honda Civic 92-95 into a 1989 civic HB DX model . I think my axles will work i have now (not sure) I think i need a ECU to use the VTEC (not sure what model).I need to know how to change trans from cable to hydro list of stuff needed will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
p-28 ecu. your axles should work. and i think you will just need linkage for the tranny. Its really simple to do. Things will fall into place. But you shouldnt run into any major problems. And yeah i know it seems like this website has turned into a d-bag fest. Instead of just answering the question they tell you to google it. Its because they have no knowledge and they get another number on theyre post count so they just write anything.

Buckn8ked

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the positive responses and the negative 1's I think i am gonna go different route.Zc d16 with 88-91 tranny mounted to it =) That should replace what i have minus ECU or can i use my ECU ?

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can use your ecu but you need to have a crome chip soldered in... I think?

Buckn8ked

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I got my motor n trans today will post pics soon. went with a ZC DOHC non vtec & 5 speed from a 88-91 civic =)

emerican

Registered VIP
p-28 ecu. your axles should work. and i think you will just need linkage for the tranny. Its really simple to do. Things will fall into place. But you shouldnt run into any major problems. And yeah i know it seems like this website has turned into a d-bag fest. Instead of just answering the question they tell you to google it. Its because they have no knowledge and they get another number on theyre post count so they just write anything.
Damn man going a little harsh at folks. Most of the questions posted are answered as they are specfic or the person has searched and cant find it. The ones that get told to look it up obviosuly didnt as it is always something that is easily found. I am on your side a little though in most situations i think if you know the answer you should just tell them, but the people who are always on and always posting get to see a million threads asking about every motor swap that could be thought of. All the questions have been answered before usally by the same people so you have to see there point in not wanting to be the person that explains every swap to every person that posts it up.