motor from automatic civic for a 5 speed?

jrinc1127

Hey I'm trying to change my motor on my 2000 ex. I found a motor for a good price but it's on an automatic civic and mine is a 5 speed. Would I be able to make it work? Does it make a huge difference?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What motor? What car? It will swap if its the same series of engine.

mikeM

The motor from a 2000 ex should be the same as mine d16y8 it should swap over if its the same engine. What happened to your motor?

jrinc1127

Mine is a D16Y8. It blew 2 years back and I finally found a decent job and saved up some money. So if I buy a D16Y8 from a civic with an auto tranny, it will be fine with my manual tranny?

CO671

Registered VIP
the D16Y8 with the automatic tranny should defintely fit, the only difference is the intake manifold which has a 3-wire IACV, the intake manifold on your 5 speed has a 2-wire, and this affects the wiring harness plug, and the ecu. So AFAIK, you'll just need to change transmissions and intake manifolds.

emerican

Registered VIP
the D16Y8 with the automatic tranny should defintely fit, the only difference is the intake manifold which has a 3-wire IACV, the intake manifold on your 5 speed has a 2-wire, and this affects the wiring harness plug, and the ecu. So AFAIK, you'll just need to change transmissions and intake manifolds.
agree