Motor Mount keeps breaking

00CivicSiblue

Ive been thru 3 motor mounts in past 6 months anyone have any ideas to help prevent that? every time its the same damn one lower driver side. :???:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The one by the ac unit on the block?

Mugen DC5

Back to a civic
5+ Year Member
get better mounts? hasports, inoovative mounts etc.. there's plenty of good inserts also

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
The one by the ac unit on the block?
front of bock or the mount between the timing belt? try supporting the motor underneath like usual but when you install the new mount loosen all the other ones so the motor will settle into a calm submisive state:lol: hope it works out.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
front of bock or the mount between the timing belt? try supporting the motor underneath like usual but when you install the new mount loosen all the other ones so the motor will settle into a calm submisive state:lol: hope it works out.
x2 sounds like there's too much tension or pressure on that mount and it's wearing very quickly...

00CivicSiblue

x2 sounds like there's too much tension or pressure on that mount and it's wearing very quickly...
Ok just replaced it today and yes it does seem like there is too much tension especially after installing iti noticed that the rubber piece surrounding the bolt of the mount was hanging. kinda hardto explain, also today had to repace vtec solenoid that was fun. now im leaking fluid from the back of engine compartment by my cat converter. idk wtf is wrong with my car. just problems after problems ugh:(

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does it look like antifreeze or oil?

00CivicSiblue

ok it ended up being water from a certrain hose from my intake to the back of motor by the top main radiator hose. that little hose was busted all to s**t. now itsall fixed and now just tryin to find out where im having little oil drops here and there sometimes three different places not sure why or where its coming from also i can see some on my headers and its causing it to smoke too

MIkeSiR

ok it ended up being water from a certrain hose from my intake to the back of motor by the top main radiator hose. that little hose was busted all to s**t. now itsall fixed and now just tryin to find out where im having little oil drops here and there sometimes three different places not sure why or where its coming from also i can see some on my headers and its causing it to smoke too
if theres oil on your headers then thats more than likely coming from the valve cover gasket, if it is try tightening the valve cover a lil bit. Also almost the most common other leak would be coming from the distributor. O rings and maybe the bearing/ seals are shot. leaks anywhere else like crank seals and etc jst rebuild the motor IMO

00CivicSiblue

if theres oil on your headers then thats more than likely coming from the valve cover gasket, if it is try tightening the valve cover a lil bit. Also almost the most common other leak would be coming from the distributor. O rings and maybe the bearing/ seals are shot. leaks anywhere else like crank seals and etc jst rebuild the motor IMO[/QUOTE

Valve Covers are bolted down tightly not seeing any leaks from covers anymore, but it does almost look like its coming from vtec solenoid so im going to swap out the gasket see if that works. Id rebuild the motor but its my only car and going to school and work full time its a little difficult lol. i think im going to swap out my motor come tax season :lol: Just not sure what to upgrade too. so much to think about lol

MIkeSiR

if theres oil on your headers then thats more than likely coming from the valve cover gasket, if it is try tightening the valve cover a lil bit. Also almost the most common other leak would be coming from the distributor. O rings and maybe the bearing/ seals are shot. leaks anywhere else like crank seals and etc jst rebuild the motor IMO[/QUOTE

Valve Covers are bolted down tightly not seeing any leaks from covers anymore, but it does almost look like its coming from vtec solenoid so im going to swap out the gasket see if that works. Id rebuild the motor but its my only car and going to school and work full time its a little difficult lol. i think im going to swap out my motor come tax season :lol: Just not sure what to upgrade too. so much to think about lol
haha tax season nice! Dude if your gonna spend money on another motor you might as well have your b16 redone! Stroker kit! haha

MIkeSiR

haha tax season nice! Dude if your gonna spend money on another motor you might as well have your b16 redone! Stroker kit! haha

00CivicSiblue

hahaa true that definately have been thinking about that, then one of my friends from school knows where i can get a gsr motor and slap it in for about 800. again im pretty new at this so im accepting all advice. which one would be a better way to go? once i get that ill be puttin headers new intake manilfold and exhaust. not sure what else to go for:???: