motor mount problem!! need help ASAP

hijack

okay guys i just bought a set of used Innovative motor mounts for my 97 hatch which has a stock gsr swap. now the problem is when i went to put on the driver side motor mount it didnt fit...also notice that the driver side mount from the engine was also a d-series...so when the last person did the swap they went the cheap way and use a civic mount for the swap?? didnt know that they fit.....but anyways im stuck with a broken driver side mount and a useless driver side innovative motor mount...what r my options?? look for a innovative driver side motor mount and the b18 engine mount??? or can i just get a 99 b16 motor mount and engine mount??

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
B18C1's are a direct bolt-in swap for 96-00 Civic's.

But if you're going to use aftermarket mounts, I believe you need 2 brackets from the 99-00 Si: 1.) driver side mount bracket and 2.) rear transmission mount bracket. I'm not 100% sure as I've read that applies for Hasport mounts. Not sure how the Innovative mounts differ.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep the driver side mount and tranny mount must be from the 99-00 SI. I don't think a d-series mount can even work.

hijack

hummm... doesnt seem like i have many options...either i get a new set for the b series swap or try to find 99 b16 tranny and driver side? anyone got recommendations on some mounts that will bolt up and feel stiff, i like the stiffness that innovative offers on there mounts but they r a lil bit pricey...by the way im planning on using this car for autocross and daily driving.