Motor Mount - want softer than urethane

whateg01

5+ Year Member
I am getting ready to replace the motor mounts on my '92 Civic LX because they're just about gone. I have been reading pages and pages about the Window Weld method, and I think that's what I'll probably do for the car. But I also have another project that needs some sort of isolation. I have thought about buying a motor mount, even a "universal" isolation mount/bumper/whatever, but most of what I'm finding in the aftermarket is urethane. I'd like to use something a little softer, but still be able to make the mount to fit the application instead of trying to make something generic fit. Are there any products that could be used to make a motor mount that is a little more pliable than the urethane mounts?

Dave

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oem...?

whateg01

5+ Year Member
There are no OEM mounts for this other "vehicle". It's not really even a vehicle, but I need to attach a motor to a frame, and I would like to keep vibration down as much as possible. I guess you mean to buy an OEM mount for "something" and make it work, huh?

ryanM

i'm not following you, if you want our help you need to cut the secret "vehicle" project s**t...

whateg01

5+ Year Member
Okay, it's a manlift. I have aframe designed but need to mount a motor to it. I'm thinking 3 cylinder diesel or something along those lines.