muffler make no noise =[

antivic

its all about VTEC!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just got a new muffler installed on the left side of my car slanted...its a pretty big one and i expected a big sound...when i started it it sounded loud then driving it it sounds so low =[ i checked for leaks and found some...got it fixed but still a low sound...anyone have any ideas? i was thinking it was all the bends it has to get to the left side...its 2.5 piping with no cat...maybe more leaks?

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of exhaust is it?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i dont know what you're complaining about, a low tone always sounds best... are you TRYING to get a higher pitched raspy sound or something?

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
i dont know what you're complaining about, a low tone always sounds best... are you TRYING to get a higher pitched raspy sound or something?
sounds like he wants his car to soudn like a pissed off weedwhacker

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Rick James said:
sounds like he wants his car to soudn like a pissed off weedwhacker
hhahah, or some bumble beez trapped in a bull horn

antivic

its all about VTEC!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehe no no its not like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang i don't want that lol...i want the broo but it doesn't sound all that broooo its like a baby brooo girls don't turn around anymore =[

antivic

its all about VTEC!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think its "racing industries" its one of those junk yard specials... :P but i'm sure it should be louder than what it is now.. i wish i had pics to post :/

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood, be happy it's quiet!
Trust me, nothing is more ghey than a slow ass honda that's louder than the buzzin from oprah's vibrator.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
antivic said:
i think its "racing industries" its one of those junk yard specials... :P but i'm sure it should be louder than what it is now.. i wish i had pics to post :/
pictures dont help much with sound yo... and if you want it to be louder then just drill holes in it :roll:

nobody here wants to tell you how to make it louder because nobody here wants to run the risk of having to listen to that nasty ass sound... and when the girls turn, they were probably thinking "wow, that sounds like ass"

antivic

its all about VTEC!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
roflll that could be tru =] i guess it'll be cool not being hassled by the cops for a change...thanks guys =]

95 civic hatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the cx wont be loud i have a ractive with no convertors or resenators and a dc header and it still isnt loud i got 3" pipe except in one small part that is 2.5 im getting that changed soon but 1.5 8 valve engine wont be loud just sound like shite when you try to make it that way welcome to the 70 hp world of cheap cars lol

keebs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah my car was loud as f**k at one point...everyone thought i had a gsr =]

5thJennDelSol

The CC Hitwoman!!!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly... its prolly cuz you got an off brand muffler....
seriously.. if you want a pretty pretty sound get an APEXi N1.... my fiance has one, and so do i, and they sound fantabulous

booze_b

At work CC user
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want big sound just rip the muff off. Mine got ripped off in a snow bank a few years ago and I haven't got'n it replaced. Guys still come up to me to ask me what brand I got though (idiots)