Mugen Lip *installed*

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i finally got around to painting and installing my mugen lip.

not too bad on the paint....this was my first successful paint job...rattle can baby...but its color matched...

enjoy!

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whoa are u getting rid of the cf all together or sumthing????:evil:

damn it i dont like this...
even with the cf i dont think u shoul dhave entered ur car in the wildest..i woul dhave voted for it in the best hatch category :thumbs up

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
whoa are u getting rid of the cf all together or sumthing????:evil:

damn it i dont like this...
even with the cf i dont think u shoul dhave entered ur car in the wildest..i woul dhave voted for it in the best hatch category :thumbs up
:werd:

if anything, just get the CF painted.

Lip looks good though, nice job on the paint.

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no, by no means no

i just copped the front lip for whenever i wanna rock it with a little jdm style vs. carbon style...

and i did enter...i went into wildest car...

no way in hell would i get the best hatch...hatch_of_doom or etc would get it...prolly jezek...but i'm just not in the same league as them...they're for a more clean look, i'm just for a wild-ish look...

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah bro..
as much as u like to think having the front CF is wild..its not...anymore atleast...
5 years ago yes..
now its bodykits custom interior pimp ur ride is wild...lol..imo atleast...
urs is clean IMO...tastefully done...and yes it would be difficult with hatch of doom in there and the other clean hatches but i still would not have entered her inthe wildest.....:what:

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best looking lip for 99-00s, however for 96-98s... idk... seems like something is missing in the middle... seems out of place.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the painted lip man, looks very good. What color are your headlights, gunmetal or black?

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice spoiler :P

looks ok, but I agree with Lin about the lip

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good man, i think it looks nice with the lip paint matched..did you get the paint mixed for you from an autoparts store and they put it in a spray can for you? how did you find the paint matched the color of the car? from the pics i think it looks perfect, but i want to do the same thing so i was just wondering how many cans you had to use for the lip and also how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking? thanks!!

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my headlights are black...the sun finally decided to show itself today....and my dig. camera owns me...

yah...the lip is kinda awkward...im not exactly sold on it...i need to work on the fitment a little more...

for the paint, i got the paint code, whch is listed in the drivers side door jamb...closest to the trunk...it should say "color code: xxxxxxxxxx" or etc...i dunno if yours will have it or not, mine does. i told the parts place my code, they mixed it up in a rattle can. i sanded it down with all diff. levels of sandpaper (this was an ABS lip) for about an hour. i wanted to make sure good contact was made. then, i hose it off, sprayed some degreaser on it, hosed it off again. took it inside, wiped it down, and set it up on my make shift paint bench (aka two stools and newspaper). i threw down 2 coats of adhesive promotor (this will act as your flex agent...seeing as this plastic bends, it will allow the paint to bend with it and not crack. i let the promotor get tacky, then sprayed about 3 coats down, waiting 5-10 minutes between coats. i used maybe 70% of the can of paint, hardly any of the promotor....i put the coats on rather thick, but there are no run lines or etc...i got the paint + promotor for about $16

jezek, yup...sure is a nice spoiler...i got tons of peeps in my town drooling over it...=) i'll make a seperate post for that part later...

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks hot, you should do a si grille though, would make it look x10 better :thumbs up

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The front end looks so weird witout it being c/f. I loved your car with all of that c/f everywhere....

lip looks good though :thumbs up

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
paint the carbon fiber and get an si grill!!

sidenote:
Mr. Lin Awesome choice in music, that album is sick.

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks man, i will be painting my lip when the summer comes, and once again nice car!! :lol:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
green said:
paint the carbon fiber and get an si grill!!
An Si grill won't fit on his car. Your car looks good but you should have had your side mirrors painted with your lip

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what happened to you FC bumper? oh looks good btw.

PROS14

Not stock anymore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, ur ride looks awesome. good luck at the online car show!