MUGEN twin loop muffler $.02?

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
After doing my homework, I'm down to 3 muffler choices. The ever popular Apexi ws2 exhaust pipe seems like a good choice. I'm also considering the Mugen twin loop tail pipe or an ebay version replica. I have no idea why Mugen wants to charge >$900 for some metal but the sound is FREAKIN awsome.

I have seen just a few rants about the ws2 loosing sound quality pretty quickly. Most people say good things about it though. In conclusion my car is not a show car, would I be making a mistake by purchasing a twin loop pipe from ebay? I know first hand that ebay does offer some pretty crappy products. Any advice?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would get the mugen twin loop if it was $.02
:roll:

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have the jdmcarboy twin loop, which is essentially an ebay twinloop or whatever. Sounds good to me. Get a tenami or an OBX. The tip looks better and looks less of an ebay item.

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
ws2 bro. i have one my car, sounds a lot better than stock but not too loud. thats just my opinion.

2nd_gen

TURD-BO
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had the obx twin loop on my 99 civic and now its on my cousin's b20v delsol. sounds great if you are running a cat.

without, it can get loud

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I might go with an OBX cuz of how cheap they are. I have heard only 1 complaint, I'm willing to take a risk. It's less than $100 shipped. Has anyone here ever painted their muffler black? The apexi noir is twice as much as a ws2, wtf?

adams00civic, why would I buy a ws2 for $489? Apexi's home site sells them for $299.:kickass:
http://www.apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5330

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OBX is fine... I have an OBX on my car and sounds really good.. With factory cat/header it sounds really good...

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got my WS2 muffler used, good condition for $100. IMO I love it. I've had it for almost three months now (plus however long it'd been on the last car) and it sounds it still sounds great.

It makes my stock EJ8 sound kind of like a G35, but a little deeper.

And just the other day I noticed it sounds amazing at warm idle. It makes a little churning sound, like it's ready to sprint off the line at any moment. I love everything about it; I'd highly recommend it.

EDIT: If you're looking for something not seen on too many Civics, click my sig. ;) I've got a used HKS Titanium Muffler for $100, retails for $375. Honestly though, if you can find a WS2 for $100 like I did, I'd take that over the HKS. The HKS is probably a bit louder; not my taste.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Apexi WD2 or OBX Twin Loop. Mugen is for pure bling factor. what a horrible waste of money lol

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
one is a complete exhaust system and one is just the universal muffler
I'm a jackass. My OP mentioned I was just looking for a muffler, I'm on a low budget. I noticed the pipes in the pics but didn't see a full cat back listing under the description, I wasn't sure what was being sold. Pictures can be misleading. My apologies, I was havin a bad day.

96EJ6EX

Apexi N1 with some dc headers and any type of pipe gives the best sound for a d series motor. Don't buy from eBay if you don't know if it's real Mugen or not.

civil

WS2 all the way. Best sound ever on a D motor. Had DC headers and the full cat-back WS2 on my 92' hatch and I'm never buying any other exhaust. BTW you can cut the tip on the WS2 and Flat black it if you want to hide all that shine ;)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good thread, I was wondering about some of these possibilities.

Sweet-N-Sour

5+ Year Member
I say go with the ws2, gonna order mine from summit racing for 213. the universal muffler of course

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Apexi N1 with some dc headers and any type of pipe gives the best sound for a d series motor. Don't buy from eBay if you don't know if it's real Mugen or not.
N1 is a fart can all out.............. wth are you talking about lmao, and without a cat its even worse of course.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OBX=FTL. Is tenami spelled correctly? I can't find anything under that name. I already looked up tenabe and don't like their stuff.
My fault. I meant netami.....hahah
Not going to steer you wrong, but twinloops are NOT quiet. They are pretty loud, BUT they are a lot deeper toned. To where it sounds quieter than the raspy high pitched N1 style mufflers. But even I think my car is too loud on certain times/areas.

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3EKq3EbRNI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nXA7puxRYk

Honestly, they all sound the same. jdmcarboy/obx/netami/ebay.... but the tip on the OBX and Netami is a lot better looking. Plus, they have a stamp on the tip.

smooveCRiMiNAL

5+ Year Member
my .02 is get some good welding if your going custom, previous owner on my car had a WS2 but with some crappy welding, sounded like a honda lawn mower on crack!!!