My 1.8vti VTEC aerodeck!

Snakey135

Hey guys!

Have been looking through this forum for help and ideas for the past few weeks and have found some EXTREMELY helpful threads for DIY's and modding ideas etc. so I'd just like to thank those who take the time to create write ups to help others, its much appreciated!

Right so back to my car now, ive only been driving 7months now but have landed myself a nice aerodeck on the cheap (courtesy of my girlfriends parents!) I thought everyone does up hatches for their first cars, some even a two door booted but rarely do I see young drivers doing up an estate for their first car so I though, why not, its good to be different right!

I'll upload some photos soon but for now im just after some ideas... Its silver with black trim, so far ive re-badged the rear, sprayed the grill, rocker cover and front susp strut. Ive put in a new head unit and a fusion sub with fli front door speakers. I was going for a silver/black/blue theme... I.e silver car, black trim, rims and interior and blue detailing.

What opinions are out there so far from what ive mentioned??

Thanks for reading,
Jake :D

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where are the pics at? Post them up in here?

Snakey135

Sorry about photo delays, here they are!
Im aware of the poor mirror damage, they're on my todo list lol!!

Snakey135

I'm deciding on what air intake to run it with...

I hear that CAI's add minimal, if anything apart from a deeper tone, and that best performance is with stock box with a k&n filter in.

I also read that CAI's can infact intake water in bad weather which can obviously cause problems, so... I think, I'm edging towards a SRI and lift bonnet a touch for added cold air flow, this way I have a cold air intake without the long ram intake implications.

What's peoples thoughts on that?

All opinions/ criticism accepted lol!!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
If you don't drive thru puddles, CAI. If you want to suck in hotter air than if you kept ur stock airbox, SRI.

Snakey135

Might have to just avoid puddles in that case then lol!!
Cheers for input =)

Am starting some bodywork on it today! If all goes well will look like a complete diff car when im done!!

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never seen one of these before. Nice ride! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Wish we had these in the U.S.

Caleb.N

cool stationwagon, I have an opel estate its a damn good workhorse! Please can you send some interior shots , thanks