my 3rd gear wont pick up..

double clutching is when you engage the clutch (not all the way in) once the car is already moving. this allows the flywheel of the car to spin faster creating more power and tremendous amounts of wear on your clutch. i guess its alright to do if you have an upgraded clutch and transmission and you using racing trans fluid, but you probably shouldnt do it anyways unless youre drag racing on a track. my friend let a girl drive his mr2 and she tried some double clutching sheeett around a corner and ended up flipping the car...so think about what youre doing

biggestboy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Thanks Sherpagoodness ( what does that mean), I don't thinks I'll be doing that any time soon, last thing I need to do is rip my new clutch up.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
double clutching does nothing for newer cars with synchro's. You can double de-clutch around corners (rev matching). When you are doing double de-clutching in a corner you will need to heel and toe...which beasically means you keep your heel on the on the gas (taping it to match revs) the tip of your foot on the brake (to control speed) and the left foot on the clutch. On the road track we wear racing shoes, or indoor soccer shoes to get a really slim soul so we can heel and toe easier. Having pedals with a wider accelerator pedal is also beneficial. Its really a road racing trick....and autocross trick...

skunk2'ed

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by ~vx~
nah i got some steelies on now.... ghetto lil steelies too....lol.... and ill check the plugs.... howd's u run a 16 with a stock EX?!!?1... thats awesome.... yeah it sucks being all secrety behind my parents back... and i dont like doing that :( ... but i love driving the car... just gotta GET A LICENSE!!!
yeah, I was suprised. It was like 16.3@85mph I think. It was just over a year ago. The motor only had 66,000mi on it and I took all the interior out.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by skunk2'ed
yeah, I was suprised. It was like 16.3@85mph I think. It was just over a year ago. The motor only had 66,000mi on it and I took all the interior out.
Was that time all stock? If so...impressive!

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sherpagoodness
double clutching is when you engage the clutch (not all the way in) once the car is already moving. this allows the flywheel of the car to spin faster creating more power and tremendous amounts of wear on your clutch. i guess its alright to do if you have an upgraded clutch and transmission and you using racing trans fluid, but you probably shouldnt do it anyways unless youre drag racing on a track. my friend let a girl drive his mr2 and she tried some double clutching sheeett around a corner and ended up flipping the car...so think about what youre doing
so I'm a little lost on this double clutching subject too, so it's when you push the clutch in like halfway after you've already changed gears or while you are changing gears, because I never depress my clutch fully.

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There ain't nothing wrong with smokin a little Ganja Here and there ive been doing it since i was 12 And i don't spell it sivic yet!! lol

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
double clutching is a waste of time. fast and the furious was the gayest movie ever.

yea, end of story, unless you already know what double clutching is you should never under any circumstance do it. still even if you now know b/c of this thread, still i dont want you doing it =)

x0supermonkey0x

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooooohhhh... i get it... im guessin' its not the best thing for ur tranny.... i wont try it... but eh...

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats weird, I have a 95 DX and my 3rd gear picks up pretty good, It ain't like neck snapping or anything but it's alright!

Abz

This is jus the beginning
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chatalee860
IM think Im double clutch wrong? Help, How do you do it?