My $400 Rex

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here is a couple pics of my CRX when i first got it last year for $400. Ill post updates as i get them. I havent done much work on it with me going to college and all but Im a dedicated Honda Head

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool man,good buy,but why are there 2 threads on this?

imracin101

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good buy but who was the owner of that its in ruff shape, what alls wrong with it, and they obviously cant primer worht s**t

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The good the bad and the ugly

imracin101 said:
good buy but who was the owner of that its in ruff shape, what alls wrong with it, and they obviously cant primer worht s**t
The bad and the ugly

Well when i first bought the car it was crap. The most obvious thing is that he lowered the car by cutting the springs. The car was so low that it scraped going over speed bumps. In the hatch it had a speaker box that fitted two 12's and four 10's. That box was so damn heavy that i had to take a sluge hammer to it and then take it out in pieces. As you can see the interior is just crap period. He painted eveything blue even the fuse box and inside the vents and he took out the vents and put a milk carton over it to try and "smooth" it out. The driver's side door had huge amouts of fiberglass on it that covered three large holes the size of baseball. The passenger side door was shaved with no keyless entry kit and has a piece of sheet metal rivited over it covering something. No low beam lights, reverse light, front turn signal lights (top or bottom). The relay under the dash keeps acting funny and I have to tap it to get the damn thing to turn. In the engine compartment with it being the carburated model he put a cold air intake around it with electrical tape and moved the battery in the back, but instead of doing it the right way he just spliced it with jumper cables. The guy who had it before :werd:

The Good
As of now i sanded down the body as smooth as I could do. I got all the fuses in and and all the lights work. I got some cheap coilovers form ebay (The best investment with the worst results). The center talilight and new passenger side door. I still got a lot to do.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow, now that car needs some good caring. Great project car I would say.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn, and i thought my s**t needed some major restoration, good find though.

hybrid1990crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh man I don't even think I can call that a good find. I'm going to have to call that car a big f**king headache. Thats a lot of work and money just to fix that crap he rigged up. And since when did 4g's come carbuerated? Maybe its got dpfi and your just mixed up?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hybrid1990crx said:
Oh man I don't even think I can call that a good find. I'm going to have to call that car a big f**king headache. Thats a lot of work and money just to fix that crap he rigged up. And since when did 4g's come carbuerated? Maybe its got dpfi and your just mixed up?
alot of people confuse the dpfi motor as being carb'd.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hybrid1990crx said:
Jeez, yeah thanks for repeating what I said...
what i'm not allowed to agree with some one, f**k off already.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hybrid1990crx said:
lol, yeah man sorry about the additude.
yeah me too, you need to get on here more often so next timei know it's you.

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey man, don't listen to hybrid1990crx, I mean look at his avatar, he made it in Paint. Just kidding. If I had that I'd cream my drawers, so much potential. I see a Grant Le Mans wheel? Correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck and have fun :D

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good luck on the work..i bought a crx last year for $500..now its collecting dust at my house for the past year..i barely drive it..haha..

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
good luck on the work..i bought a crx last year for $500..now its collecting dust at my house for the past year..i barely drive it..haha..
Why havent you done anything to it anekin007?