My $500 '95 civic dx coupe! pics galore!

ryanDC2

alright guys. I settled for a '95 civic dx coupe. It's an auto though... pics! She definitely needs some work. I payed a total of $500 for her. She runs just fine though! shifts good, no knocks or anything!! does not have a/c.

i only payed $500 for it. can't beat that right?

a little list of what i've got planned for her.

coilovers
rotas
new hood
new fenders
radio
speakers
DOHC swap
auto to manual swap
headliner
dashboard work
swap cluster
get temporary exhaust on
lcas
thats all for now. definitely going to take my time on this one!

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
ouch man. that thing needs alot of work and parts. but for only $500, I guess it aint that bad. GLWB

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't have spent $300 on it. You're going to spend more replacing those fenders, hood, windshield, sunroof lining, a radio, and other parts than you did w/ the cost of the car.

GL...you're gonna need it.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gonna take a lot of work, fix the rust and ront end + rear 1/4 panel b4 you even think about the engine.

ryanDC2

Thanks for the constructive criticism guys. Body works is my main priority right now. Plus. This is my first car I've ever bought. I'm a college student with a crap job. I'm 18 years old so I'm proud of myself. And I know this is gonna take some work. And I've got the motivation to do so. Its only got 170,600 miles on the body and motor. Also, I just needed something to get me around.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the constructive criticism guys. Body works is my main priority right now. Plus. This is my first car I've ever bought. I'm a college student with a crap job. I'm 18 years old so I'm proud of myself. And I know this is gonna take some work. And I've got the motivation to do so. Its only got 170,600 miles on the body and motor. Also, I just needed something to get me around.
I wish you luck

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the headlights look pretty sick, but overall it looks like too big of a project, but it just sucks cuz it's an auto, but good luck!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yikes. FWIW, you might as well have spent $2-3K on a clean, well running civic and be driving it by now. You're going to dump a lot of money into this thing just to get it decent. Project cars can be fun, but there's a point where it's a bit too much. Just stick with it if you dump money into it...don't want to waste it all.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah dude gonna be some work but at least you'll be twice as proud when u get it done. Not to mention you'll be a pro lol. Good luck man keep us updated.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, I'd try to find parts from junkyards and CL...don't buy anything new. Even used you're going to spend more than purchase cost. Did the carfax come back wrecked? Sure as heck looks it, or burned.

ryanDC2

the headlights look pretty sick, but overall it looks like too big of a project, but it just sucks cuz it's an auto, but good luck!
thanks man. ive got a bit of time this summer to get her looking a little bit better. and eventually, not right away, i will swap a b18 with m/t in.

yikes. FWIW, you might as well have spent $2-3K on a clean, well running civic and be driving it by now. You're going to dump a lot of money into this thing just to get it decent. Project cars can be fun, but there's a point where it's a bit too much. Just stick with it if you dump money into it...don't want to waste it all.
thanks man. i will have it till i get out of college which will be about 4-5 years. she should be lookin proper by then.

Yeah dude gonna be some work but at least you'll be twice as proud when u get it done. Not to mention you'll be a pro lol. Good luck man keep us updated.
thanks. i certainly will be proud once im done with it. and it will also help boost my experience.

Honestly, I'd try to find parts from junkyards and CL...don't buy anything new. Even used you're going to spend more than purchase cost. Did the carfax come back wrecked? Sure as heck looks it, or burned.
yeah. checked the carfax and it was wrecked back in '06. drives straight, frames straight, everything. just cosmetic s**t. and yeah. gonna be searching around the junkyards for a while.

this is gana be one great build
thank you sir.

by the way..by how much u purchased the car its gana be a big profit wen u sell it
that was my thought man. for now, shes just my get around car.

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Hey Civexspeedy. I seen you around Mdstreetscene.
OP that looks like a lot of work. Esp for someone in college. And im thinkin if you ever sell it ur not gonna get anywhere close to what you would if it was already a manual. But im sure it will be a learning experience. GL

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay so here is my 2 cents...

You can find everything you need on CL, get the car running first, so exhaust, maybe a slight tune up if it needs it... Then get new front end parts, such as fenders, hood. You could honestly do that for 100 bucks or less even if you do it right...the rust is known on those cars so who cares for right now. Get a new windshield and all the other stuff can be found DIRT cheap at the right time, for now who cares!! I know everyone on here is saying its a ton of work, but to me that looks easy. Maybe I am just weird... That car could be fixed in a weekend back to a stock look with minimal money. Just some time. I think it looks worse than it is....

Good Luck and just SEARCH the heck out of places for the parts... Man see if you have a Certifit (Sorta fit) in your area. You could get an entire new front end for 100 bucks... The parts are decent but not OEM and NOT great, takes time to get them to fit properly. But make sure you paint them or they will rust. But my point is, there are options out there and you can do it for a decent price, for a daily beater why not?

CraigJamez42

^^ this... i found a whole new front end (hood, bumper cover, and fenders) and side skirts. they were used but mint. all for $80 on CL.