my 89 4dr build thread

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
ok guys some of you allready know about this

but im building an 89 sedan

here is the progress ive made so far special thanks goes out to brady for the wheel and dc2r for the front end and the trunk lid and dustpan cuz alot of my parts came off of the hatch that i bought from him including the rotors

right now i am working on getting a new trailing arm and lca and brake set up for it so that i can get it legal so i can go back to work

here is a pic of the car when i first bought it

old gauge cluster

new guage cluster

new eclipse head unit and tsudo shift counter whieghted shift knob

and here are the new wheels that i took off my crx YES THEY ARE retarded THANKS FOR NOTICING

yes its rusted and i dont give a f**k but here is the car before i lower it next week

and here are the cheap ass race seats that will make their way into the car once i fab up some brackets

here is the bay after a front strut bar and yes i know that my intake is not fastend down it is a cai but i just placed it in for fitment

here are some pics of the front suspension that will make its way onto the sedan (no they are not new they are from my hatch that i bought from dustpan lol)

before cleaning

after cleaning (only a light one to get the grease off)

eibach baby hell yeah

it is starting to look better but still not quite there yet

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
ok i just put in my dash clock out of my crx and will prolly do the struts tonight

this is the current pic of the car before i start some of the body work

here is my messy ass trunk filled with tools and parts lol

and here are my rusted ass crossdrilled rotors before getting them resurfaced they will be resurfaced once i get back to work or get some money

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
the rear suspension

and the lower strut bolt that was apperently rusted to the inside of the lca bushing and is the reason that im replacing the whole trailing arm lca assembly on the car later this week

and here is the trunk lid i picked up from dc2r

here is a pic of my neighbors stock sedan vs my lowered sedan lol
mine is the closer one btw and also the one with rust covered by black paint for now lol

and here is his wheel fender gap

and here is my wheel fender gap much better dont ya think

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
i got the fenders, bumper and hood from an lx here is the pic before install

here are the pics of them on the car

here are the steering columns
the one on the left is from my crx and the one on the right is from my sedan can you tell the difference

it only took me about an hour and 20 min to swap out the column and remove the old one

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
here is the shift knob im going to buy tommorrow its a civic type r shift knob lol its pimp as s**t im lovin the green on the knob its very suttle but its green and then the red h pattern is just bad ass

and here is the rear view mirror from my crx its better than the one that came stock in tha car cuz tha stock one mounts to the windshield and takes up alot of visibility and i found out that there are holes in my headliner and the roof for it so i put it on lol

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
well i am now at a point where im out of money for the moment lol
so until i get more green im not gona be doing much

Kay@NHT

5+ Year Member
good start bro ... I love the sedan's i want to do the tilt wheel swap on mine

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
well it didnt work out like it should have i might just go get the tilt column from another guy locally for 15 bucks

the one from my crx sits too low im thinking about adding washers and seeing if that helps but that will happen when i get around to working on it im getting sick of it after doing something every dang day so i think ima take a break for awhile

but thanks man

i will say one thing for you and that is that you should get the dash clock out of a 88-91 si and put it in there is wiring for it you just need to remove the 2 screws from the back of the filler panel and swap it in its as easy as like 6 screws and pluging in the plug easy as cake lol

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
yeah the 90-91s did but not the 88-89 and i dont like the 90-91 cuz of that stupid seatbelt thing that always hits me in the head lol

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 89 Civic Lx that has tilt steering.
exactly, its not the year that matters..
id imagine the LX and the SI might have the tilt wheel, my DX dosent.
its not just 88-89 its the DX civic in general that dosent.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looking good man keep up the good work and keep us updated