My 95 Civic Hatchback Needs a Turbo Kit

fleshwounded

5+ Year Member
My 95 Civic Project Car

Im looking for help to find an affordable name brand d series turbo kit for my d15b engine. Ive searched on this forum and on google, but all I can find are ebay kits which ive heard are not recommended. Can someone please help me find a recommended turbo kit for my engine. Any help would be appreciated... thanks... Heres a look at my project car... I would like to swap the engine out for a b18 later on once I can get enough money together, i hope getting a turbo for my b15 will be enough to satisfy me until I can get a swap done...

D15B Engine & Bumbper and grill

Stock JDM D15B /w Short Ram

Profile shot /w winter tires and primer two tone paint

let me know what you guys think, im a bit of a noob, but any advice or recomendations would really be appreciated... Currently at the time of this post, the car is in the shop getting all the panels realigned, rear 1/4 rust cut out and replaced, dents being pulled out, in prep for paint. Im going to be posting pictures of the work on it in the next few days

civicman95

5+ Year Member
Car doesn't look to bad,so what color r u going with? Is it going to be 2 tone or solid? Looks like u have a carbon fiber hood,is the driverside headlight different or is it busted? I had found a turbo kit on ebay, the whole thing piping,intercooler,turbo,everything for $650 plus s&h. Compare that 2 a greddy for like $4000,sometimes u just have to take a chance. The manufacturer of the turbos sold on ebay should give some kind of warranty on them or somethin.

fleshwounded

5+ Year Member
Ya thats the other problem I have, is what color to paint it. I want it to be unique, I really like black, but I like to two tone so im not sure what to do. Ive been thinking a either dark or light chocolate brown, but im not sure. I really like metalic gunmetal looking paint, as well as pearlecent paint. Yes it is a carbon fiber hood too. Ya I havnt been told why specifically to stay away from online turbo kits but I am willing to take a chance. Does anyone know then specically what kind of kit I should get, is there a kit that most people here could recommend, or are they all realativly the same? Thanks for any info you guys can give...

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the car could also use a bath ;) j/k try turbo-kits.com

fleshwounded

5+ Year Member
Ya it could, the roads here in alberta during the winters are absolutly the shits. Ice, sand, salt, that kind of thing. It doesnt make sence to wash it in the winter at all, because your right back where you started before you washed your car, the minute you drive down the road. Im still not sure what color to paint it...

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not bad. does need some tlc but sounds like thats what its getting. as for the turbo. piece together your own kit. its much cheaper and you will still get the reliability of the 4k-5k kits for a fraction of the cost. the reason people stay away from ebay kits is because alot of the turbo kits use rebuilt turbos, pourly rebuilt at that.

Mr.Bombastic

5+ Year Member
not bad. does need some tlc but sounds like thats what its getting. as for the turbo. piece together your own kit. its much cheaper and you will still get the reliability of the 4k-5k kits for a fraction of the cost. the reason people stay away from ebay kits is because alot of the turbo kits use rebuilt turbos, pourly rebuilt at that.
yo word cuz we did a turbo for my boy and all in all it came up to like 2k cuz of labor

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Go Autoworks makes some awesome kits. Great customer service as well.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why everybody needs to boost they're engines,i prefer n/a btw
if you notice. most people who are boosting are using a sohc. and thats only because there isnt really any other way to get large amounts of power out of them.