my 95 ex

Maestro

Master Yourself
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, as the wise man said, do as you like, pay the consequences. Looks like you're doing some decent work, and I'm sure you are going to stick with the hood (even though it's ugly) so now you just have to make the car go. what engine you got in there before you start wondering about turbos?

Civlude

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by hondatuning95
What would be a good motor to slap a turbo onto?
LS.

Nice ride. Not feelin the hood too much, but to each his/her own.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that an ugly POS

front mount intakes are hideous... and why do you have a ram air hood if your intake is a front mount... plz don't see say it's the looks

hondatuning95

Ridin' low
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a d16z6 but im planning on a swap.....the inductions on the hood are actually to keep the engine cooler

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by hondatuning95
What would be a good motor to slap a turbo onto?
dont just slap on a turbo unless you plan to run "begginer boost" which is almost impossible because you're gonna get power hungry at some time
B18C1 with lowered compression

zc vtec

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOSE the hood! NOW! Screams rice louder than you yelling it through a loudspeaker. No offense, but it looks horrendous.
Any motor can be turboed. What motor you turbo should be based on how fast you want to go, and the amount you're willing to spend. Based on what you've shown us so far, I'd say stay away from turbos. Stay FAR away, and keep er stock for a while.

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, I agree ZC(you fgt):P. Turbo's are not for noobs. Every idiot these days thinks they can just slap a turbo on and have no problems.(not saying your an idiot.. just most are). A turbo is a pretty complex thing that takes a lot of tuning to keep reliable. You can't expect to just chuck one on there and not have your engine grenade on you. I'd say keep your engine mods simple... get a swap, and worry about a turbo a lot later.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow that car is ugly. but it does have potential. jus gotta return it to stock.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cutting the front grill out of your STOCK bumper doesnt make it a black widow.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dun wanna side wit riceb0y but he did say all his parts werent installed yet.....

rencruzz

sedan clan member 11
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey newb whats up, welcome to cc. just want you to know that you have stepped up to a world of online community whose dedication, is completely keeping the streets clean, and all perfromance, it's called the "SLEEPER" look. so let that be your first lesson of the day, take some time to look at your car and think of how you could make it a sleeper. you'll have fun here and get to learn a lot.

AZSprmnn

From AK to AZ to AK to OR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by stealthsi009
dude the car is nice, except for that hood. It has to go. Sell that thing and just get and oem cf hood.
yeah the hood is nasty! but damn i dont even have the money to get al lthat stuff now nad iv been drivin for 2 years! almost 3....

HybridTuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol to start off dont just turbo it get a motor swap and then turbo/supercharge it I personaly am a nitrous fan myself...:twocents:

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by HybridTuner
I personaly am a nitrous fan myself...just my 2 cents

WHOA!!!!.......dont get this kid playin' with Nitrous too......who knows what'll happen then...........:(

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the car sound aight, but the hood is not workin at all. the intake has gotta go back to cold air intake, the front mount s**t just doesnt look as phat as it sounds.

likywiky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah man the hood definetly has to go. i can understand why you want your car to look nice before you can drive. Hell my mom drove my car for awhile because she didnt have a car and i didnt have my license yet, a 52 year old woman driving a 95' civic EX coupe with a AEM Short Ram Intake and a Flowmaster exhaust. So i know where you are coming from. But the hood has to go