Thin side moldings (painted)
factory sideskirts (painted)
Spoon style spoiler
Spoon style mirrors
oem fogs
99-00 tails
CTR style headlights
red racing seats with matching rears and door panels
Engine swap and mods (looking for around 180-200 at the wheels)
shaving and tuck most of the engine bay
complete respray (same color)
16s - something silver w/ polished lip- I need ideas on this one
brake upgrade up front (maybe wilwood)
rear disk conversion

Just for fun - my daily

Gross parts from trunk

Mold

Rust from sitting water

Stockness

Rusty mount and alarm

Alarm is out. Some of the worst wiring work I have EVER seen. It is scary to think someone felt as though it was safe

Under the rear seat (YUMMY)

Yes that is a chicken wing found inside the ebrake housing

Leak near tail light

Just a little bit of an upgrade HAHAHA. The old unit had an install date written on it 1995!

Pinstripe must die!
Many Many hours later and a lot of automotive goo gone

All of the interior pieces have been removed except the dash and headliner. All the mold has been scrubbed out. (It smells much better) Every interior panel was cleaned labeled and hardware was bagged. New head unit is wired and installed. Front bumper and headlights are off. I tried a little DIY on the headlights and I didn't like the way they came out I will bought some. I started taking the grinder to the surface rust in the engine and it seams to be cleaning up nice.

Does anyone know a good way to remove the excessive caulking all over the engine bay?

Turns out someone pulled part of the door seals off and never put them back in the track so that explains some of the mold. I think the rest is from loose tail lights. New carpet, mats and trunk carpet has been ordered.

Most of us eat in our cars every now and then. But who eats wings in their car? come on! I also took some crayon of the interior and found a who bunch of little girls hair clips hahaha. This car will have a very different life now that it is mine!

I either want to start with a B18B wait a while then boost or go big with an H22. I love torque now that I have a g35! So bigger is better. I have been reading a TON on the H22 swap and despite anything scary it sounds soo good. I do not race so I want my power to be more for the streets.

I already have the VTEC bug from my first car which was a J30A1 accord coupe so going B18B might suck until I add boost.

So it seams to be reasonable to say I could source a B18B complete swap for around $2,000 and get a t3/t4 turbo kit with a nice staniless manifold for around $2,500 minus management and tuning?

How it is looking now

Trying a little DIY

I didn't like how this was working so I stopped and now plan to buy some headlights

Interior shot

My paint booth

Had to put something on the car instead of just ripping stuff off. These look much nicer! Plus I wanted to see if new tail light seals tightened down would solve some leaking issues

Rust pit after a little dremel and a small spray paint shot to seal it

I HATE broken hardware

Lifted tar from water damage

Everyone knows how much it SUCKS to take an ebrake handle off this car

I just moved in so my garage is still a pit

Old seat I have laying around. The quality isnt that great and I am buying a new red set so this will probaly end up in my roomates Eclipse project car

If anyone is looking to find a great way to purchase OEM Honda parts online check out
http://www.manchestermotorsports.com
This dealership is extremely nice and their parts department is great. Some of the guys there know a ton. They also have a few nice JDM parts

Need ideas on 16" silver rims with a polished lip
this is one set I found. Like them but I hate to run a wheel that is bad quality. I know nothing about ALT. Anyone know them?

or Silver Rota GT3s

I thought I would start adding some DIY info to my build up. It might be stupid easy stuff for most but some people might find it helpful.

Last nights trip to Manchester Motorsports cost me $531

Parts Purchased
-OEM JDM thin side moldings
-OEM antenna
-OEM ITR Shift Boot
-OEM sun visor and clip
-Depo chrome housing headlights -amber

Honda goodness

Antenna Replacement
My whole interior is pretty much ripped apart so I didn't have to remove the panel below the column. I think this is just 3 or 4 screws and pull to remove. Here you can see where the antenna cable connects to the extension wire coming off the back of the head unit.

Unplug this cable at the junction

Next take some thin rope and attach it to the line going up to the antenna. You can see I wrapped everything up so it was smooth and nothing would catch.

Unscrew the 2 screws on the top of the antenna then pull it right out. Don't go to fast because if something catches you want to be able to back it up and try again.

See the difference

Now attach the rope to the new antenna the same way and pull the rope back through. Plug the new antenna in and screw it down.

Enjoy tunes!

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lovin it bro its good to know ur saving a civic instead of killin it get some silver rims....silver on silver FTW

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Next

Sun Visor Replacement

I don't know how this was ripped apart but whatever.

One of my clips was broken so that has to be replaced also. Just turn it 90 degrees and pull down to remove

Double wrapped for extra protection

Screwing this in isn't all that easy because gravity is working against you and the visor is always in the way. Much Better!

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
ITR Shift Boot

Manchester Motorsports was out of OEM CTR boots so I just got an ITR one. The guy at the parts department said it would work and showed me how. These guys are great!

Just 2 screws to remove the boot

You can see they are slightly different sizes. The ITR is more narrow and the tabs don't bend. You can either bend the tabs or swap the frames for a perfect fit. I chose frames.

Simply flip it over and pull the material off the tabs

Attach the ITR boot to the DX frame and screw it back into the console

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow a lot of work ahead, have fun!

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks like you know your s**t, good luck with all the work to get that back in tip top again, coming along very nicely

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone

daboyu978- this lip

and as for my "do not race so I want my power to be more for the streets" comment which I realize now this sounds strange. I meant that I don't want to only feel pull at 6,000 rpm and higher. I will be just cruising around in this and not taking it to the track or trying to street race. I don't want my swap to feel like my Y7 unless I am at WOT. Make more sense?

I have never sourced an engine and was only going by prices I have seen online. I have a few names of places around CT that package up swaps and will be checking with them soon to see what pricing is like. $900 would be cheap and in that case I would be buying something better.

Last night was spend setting up my garage because I couldn't stand to even look at it. It is coming along. Tonight I should get some more work done and will post more pics.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
I was going to just say that but then again some people get confused. So it turns out at $2k I have a lot more options than I thought http://www.car-part.com gave me some prices for local engines and I can afford much better than a B18B.

I can't decide if I want my spoon spoiler to be CF or painted. My mirrors, moldings and lips will all be painted so I might want to paint the spoiler also. I can't find any pics of painted one to see what I think. Anyone have a pic?

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
I found a B18B for $700
I found a B16A for $1,800
I found a B18C1 for $1,800
I found a K20A2 for $3,400
I found a K20A3 for $1,000