My 98 EX

bamboo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 96greencivic
nice drop. what are you using?
Skunk 2 coilovers and Tokico HP shocks. Great combination in my opinioin. Smooth ride and good handling. I couldn't ask for more, and all came in at a nice price too.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice, nice, very clean, very classy too! I like black ones... girl that has a parking spot next to mine has a black Coupe, it looks pretty nice... I feel like taking my camera to school and playing paparazzi and showing you guys what it looks like...

anyway, just a general question, where the hell are you supposed to get the clear covers that are under the red part of the taillight, the clear part that replaces the amber part... cause I need that... cause the amber just looks like s**t on my car.

bamboo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Wolfy
Nice, nice, very clean, very classy too! I like black ones... girl that has a parking spot next to mine has a black Coupe, it looks pretty nice... I feel like taking my camera to school and playing paparazzi and showing you guys what it looks like...

anyway, just a general question, where the hell are you supposed to get the clear covers that are under the red part of the taillight, the clear part that replaces the amber part... cause I need that... cause the amber just looks like s**t on my car.
They are hard to find. I went to a couple of different shops looking for them, and luckily I found one spot. Try showstoppersusa.com. They are mad cool over there. Ask for Chuck, and tell him Amit sent you. If they are still available, he'll find 'em for you. Ever since Altezza's have become the craze, companies stopped making those lights. It's not just a clear part that replaces the amber, it's the whole tailight assembly, wasn't too bad. Just over a $100. But call Chuck and see what he can do for you. If you are still having problems, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you, I know a couple of other spots that might have 'em around. Good luck. Nice looking car btw.

wake_rider

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What kind of header do you have? Do you see a difference in the performance of a aem v2 over the original aem cold air intake?

bamboo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by wake_rider
What kind of header do you have? Do you see a difference in the performance of a aem v2 over the original aem cold air intake?
I have DC Sports stainless steel headers. I haven't used the regular AEM Cold Air Intake so I can't tell you whether one is better than the other. I can tell you that mine works well.

bamboo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how does your exhaust sound? Is it a pretty good setup?
I LOVE THE EXHAUST. It's been my favorite addition to the car. And the one that I noticed the biggest performance gains. It's a GReddy Evo. But I definitely recommend getting headers and air intake if you get an exhaust. You need the whole setup for it to run well. Also if the day you install it you don't get the performance gain that you were expecting, don't sweat it. After about a week of driving, (I only drive about 2 miles a day), and a couple of times out on the highway running it, you'll notice a good difference. I guess the ECU has to relearn the engine or something, can't really explain it. New air/fuel ratio or something... All I know is that the first day I was kinda disappointed, but then a week later after running the car for a bit, I was like damn. Biggest differences came in mid range and up. Acceleration also improved, didn't feel so restricted, like the engine used to. Hope this info is helpful. I don't got all the answers, but I know how the s**t worked for me. Nahmean!??

wake_rider

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I LOVE THE EXHAUST. It's been my favorite addition to the car. And the one that I noticed the biggest performance gains. It's a GReddy Evo. But I definitely recommend getting headers and air intake if you get an exhaust. You need the whole setup for it to run well. Also if the day you install it you don't get the performance gain that you were expecting, don't sweat it. After about a week of driving, (I only drive about 2 miles a day), and a couple of times out on the highway running it, you'll notice a good difference. I guess the ECU has to relearn the engine or something, can't really explain it. New air/fuel ratio or something... All I know is that the first day I was kinda disappointed, but then a week later after running the car for a bit, I was like damn. Biggest differences came in mid range and up. Acceleration also improved, didn't feel so restricted, like the engine used to. Hope this info is helpful. I don't got all the answers, but I know how the s**t worked for me. Nahmean!??

Good deal.... Yeah, I'm going to put a poison intake manifold, aem v2 intake, and probably a close by exhaust. I'm just trying to see what everyone has experience with. I HATE the tin can sound on a bad import exhaust. It sounds great on a stroked 302, but not an import. It's to high pitch, but when an exhaust is done right on an import, the distinct sound is wicked. Thanks for the info man. I'll keep everyone updated with my mods, and how they play out.

bamboo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good deal.... Yeah, I'm going to put a poison intake manifold, aem v2 intake, and probably a close by exhaust. I'm just trying to see what everyone has experience with. I HATE the tin can sound on a bad import exhaust. It sounds great on a stroked 302, but not an import. It's to high pitch, but when an exhaust is done right on an import, the distinct sound is wicked. Thanks for the info man. I'll keep everyone updated with my mods, and how they play out.
The GReddy sounds off the hook yo. It don't sound high pitched and shitty like a lot of the ones I hear on the street. That combined with the V2 is sick.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood if you are definately going greddy....sell your header, v2, and ignition. you wont be needing them. you dont even really need that ignition box. personally i think you wasted money on that v2....should of just got a regular intake. not hatin on ya.

looks good mang. make a custom turbo set up!!! less money, more power, more fun.

bamboo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by DADDYMAX
ncie car, how do you like teh AEM v2?
Works good for me. I notice a big performance in my car overall from when I got it stocked. But I got the intake at the sametime as the headers, so I can't tell you exactly how much the gains were. All I know is my car runs better than before, especially at higher RPM, and that it sounds good too. I'm saving for a turbo though now. s**t... I was in my friend's turbo Si the other.... I couldn't believe how fast his car was. We went down one block and he was hitting 100. I kept getting thrown into my seat. He said he did the quarter mile at 118 mph. That s**t sold me on the idea of a turbo for sure.

WardsWarrior

No civic having..
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does the Aem v2 intake live up to the hype, and how are the gains? If you happen to have had a previous intake, how does the v2 compare with it, better or worse?

Nice car, and your right about the wheels being clean!

bamboo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by WardsWarrior
Does the Aem v2 intake live up to the hype, and how are the gains? If you happen to have had a previous intake, how does the v2 compare with it, better or worse?

Nice car, and your right about the wheels being clean!
I had a regular intake on a my former 2000 Civic VP, and I didn't notice a substanial gain. Like I said above, I have an exhaust now, and installed the V2 with the headers at the same time, so I can't really tell what made a bigger difference. Though I know my car runs WAY better now than it did when I first installed the headers and the intake.