My '98 Khaki hatch...

99Blackhatch

5+ Year Member
hey josh, how's that P30?
The P30 is going in the black hatch for the Type R motor Andrew...

I decided to paint it Satin because...
  • I wanted something different for around here in the STL area.
  • The previous owner had a MAACO job in white... what you guys can't see are the giant paint flakes that came off that showed the cars ORIGINAL Silver. So I painted it Khaki to try something out.
    [*I will end up clearing it, but I just focused a lot of money to get me out of debt and I'm also finishing my build on my '99 Black hatch.
  • I had the hood Khaki as well, but when you looked at it head on, it was too much Khaki... a carbon fiber hood or having the hood and the roof painted Granada Black might help out too... LOL
  • And I personally did the sanding and painting myself, cost me less than $60 to do this... and the molded on sideskirts that came with the car were removed properly, and then left even more Silver to been seen since the car was painted after they were molded on, were then smashed with a hammer. :lol:
Example of the molded sideskirts... since they are not so bad in the OG picture in post 1...

then removed... and since the paint wasn't an original Honda color, I went ahead and repainted everything something new.

Parts to come... Remove the SiR lip and install the Mugen lip, install the clear OEM fog lights, and the BackYard Special spoiler brackets.

As for the wheels... there has been a lot of talking about that as well....

And to clarify, I am not a ricer, my friends and I were kicking around color ideas for the wheels, so to humor you... here you go.

Powder coating ideas for the wheels for fun... Wanting to try something different for around here in the Saint Louis area.

Purple #2...

Black...

Blue #2...

Dark Green...

White wheels with black lug nuts....

and many people have told me to try a dark red... So for them...

Of course I did this quickly on photoshop and also keep in mind the headlights will be darkened as well.

Note... These really did turn out too well, lol

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would look better if the hood was painted to match, instead of flat black :what:

99Blackhatch

5+ Year Member
I had the hood Khaki as well, but when you looked at it head on, it was too much Khaki... a carbon fiber hood or having the hood and the roof painted Granada Black might help out too... LOL
Just posted this a few minutes ago

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the color but i think i woudl like it a LOT more if u get her clearcoated :thumbup:

99Blackhatch

5+ Year Member
ONCE AGAIN... I DIDN'T CLEAR IT. It is SATIN because that is what I wanted... and it WILL be cleared eventually. I didn't put a lot of money to this car in order to get out of debt. Priorities! And as mentioned prior, this cost me a whole $60 to completely change the entire look of the car, which I achieved.

And once again... I painted it due to the cheap Maaco job from the previous owner was making the white chip off and the original Silver was showing.

As shown before... from where I removed the molded side skirts which left the horrible BONDO remains and what not...

I'm actually really pleased with how it turned out and and it will get better... I know it is a "LOVE IT / HATE IT" car... but in my eyes, it's turning out better than expected.

No matter what guys, thank you for the comments whether they are in liking or disliking.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lame. Do it right.

And may I suggest not taking anymore neck breaker pics.
B nice alex.

It came out very nice for a rattle can job dude..like i said clear will set it off..when u have the funds :cool:

99Blackhatch

5+ Year Member
Lame. Do it right.

And may I suggest not taking anymore neck breaker pics.
I didn't take the neck breaker pics, a local guy here at the meet did... I just posted them to show, that's all. Won't happen again BRO. :word:

Like I said, Debt is almost gone... Condo is the next step, and getting REAL paint onto the IMPORTANT car.

AllanR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks pretty decent to me, especially for $60..
And for the wheels, the black looked nice IMO.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahh, i see... i didnt know you had another hatch.

it looks amazing for a rattle job bro!

i say keep it satin (i think its a cool color) and get a carbon kevlar hood to match the tan, yet break it up a bit... and black wheels FTW.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
unique color for the hatchy looks good