My 99 ex sedan

Shane~o~What

Certified Monkey Trainer
5+ Year Member
Nice Job Bro! My opinion, those wheels helped it a TON. As for the headlights, I'd just go warm up the oven. Kinda undecided on the roof spoiler, kinda reminds me of a Subaru. Not saying that's a bad thing. All in All, great start. The Wheels will look Great after an inch or so drop. I'd maybe look into ditching the chrome window trim. Good to see a another sedan not being wasted as a stock family car. Good stuff bro!

Edit. somehow I missed this last page, but looks like I was right. Trim fixed, lowered, Looks AWESOME. That Passion is a sick scheme, but I love the black it's in now. Looks really good man

Last edited:

jonats2k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice Job Bro! My opinion, those wheels helped it a TON. As for the headlights, I'd just go warm up the oven. Kinda undecided on the roof spoiler, kinda reminds me of a Subaru. Not saying that's a bad thing. All in All, great start. The Wheels will look Great after an inch or so drop. I'd maybe look into ditching the chrome window trim. Good to see a another sedan not being wasted as a stock family car. Good stuff bro!
LOL! Thanks alot bro but I don't think you looked at the latest pics. I changed the headlights to replica Type-R gunmetal headlights. There is no way I'm spending $500 for real type r headlights. The headlights and tail lights are the only things non-OEM on my car. Temporarily in the pics, the chrome window trim is gone because I covered it with electrical tape. Yeah, it's cheezy but hey, looks good on pics. I'm actually going to paint it within the next month or so. All your other comments are answered on the latest pics.

Shane~o~What

Certified Monkey Trainer
5+ Year Member
LOL! Thanks alot bro but I don't think you looked at the latest pics. I changed the headlights to replica Type-R gunmetal headlights. There is no way I'm spending $500 for real type r headlights. The headlights and tail lights are the only things non-OEM on my car. Temporarily in the pics, the chrome window trim is gone because I covered it with electrical tape. Yeah, it's cheezy but hey, looks good on pics. I'm actually going to paint it within the next month or so. All your other comments are answered on the latest pics.
Yeah...My bad. I updated my post lol:oops:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
imo the wheels are the weakest link. those ex wheels are so.. tame looking.

this is what im rockin right now. maybe you'll like them too. i have never seen another car (locally anyways) with these wheels

jonats2k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imo the wheels are the weakest link. those ex wheels are so.. tame looking.

this is what im rockin right now. maybe you'll like them too. i have never seen another car (locally anyways) with these wheels
I've seen these rims tons of times and I think they're the HFP's for the 7th Gen civics. But, I think they're 16s right? I don't think I can do 16's and thats why I'd rather get the FIT rims instead.

After a year of having the rims on, I must admit that they are throwing the car off. But hey, they were free so I can't complain. Just got to save up for some new ones.

WaLLeYeMan

VTEC POWA JAYDEEMMMM YO!
5+ Year Member
I dont think youd need spacers for the fit rims. I test fitted my buddies fit rims on my sedan with my drop and it sat fine. I didnt get to drive it around though since the car has no plates and its not street driveable yet.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
WOW! OEM makes a huge difference in looks. The car is looking great. Everytthing looks like it flows well, except the rims.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
to the OP: you have to lower the car significantly to pull off the fat fives

so hopefully you do because those wheels are sweet on slammed 6th gens..

but yeah those wheels mugenkid posted are accessory wheels for the 7th gen civic and are 16" they are nice.

jonats2k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, after having the car for 2 years, some 17 y/o kid t-boned me with a Toyota Tacoma. Anyways, here's the picture story:

From this:

To this:

And thanks to insurance, here's my new baby! =)

I've had the FA5 for about a month now but I haven't done any mods to it. Need to recover first from the money I lost paying for the initial payments of ER bills, deductibles, doctor checkups, etc.. But once the money from the 17 y/o's insurance, mods will be coming. =)

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
great job. i like how you going with the sedan. but sorry you lost your ej8. whats your plan for your new civic?

jonats2k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
great job. i like how you going with the sedan. but sorry you lost your ej8. whats your plan for your new civic?
Well, I'm not going to mod anything yet with the engine. I'd be dumb to mod an engine with only 5K on it. Maybe Intake would be as far as I would go.

But, appearance wise, I need a tint all my windows again as that is what saved my life (it really did). Also, I'm going to lower it just 1" with HFP suspension.

Maybe down the future I'll be converting the front and rear to a Type-R. Right now, the parts are just rediculously expensive. And I've learned before to ONLY get OEM parts. =)

frangipani

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry for the loss pare. but hey, i like the color of that Si! reminds me of those SiR's in Pinas!

were you able to grab some parts from the wrecked car?

jonats2k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry for the loss pare. but hey, i like the color of that Si! reminds me of those SiR's in Pinas!

were you able to grab some parts from the wrecked car?
Yeah, that's why I wanted the Redline Orange color because I really loved the Passion Orange back in PI. That was supposed to be my next mod actually.

Nope, no parts were recoverable since the insurance had it in their auction yard. I would have had to buy it back if I wanted to get parts. But, it's OK. I got $200 less than what I thought I could sell the car for anyway.