My 99 *Fiona*

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
1999 Civic Dx Coupe 5-Speed with a D16z6 swap.

Here is the next morning after I got her. It didn't come with the wheels or roof rack. I put those on the night I got her.

I then installed my amp and sub. Nothing fancy, but just wanted a little more from my system. Sony 1200watt amp and Hifonics 12. Can't complain for free.

I then had to address a serious issue. The exhaust was absolutely terrible. So I picked up a muffler from a 2007 Civic Si.

Once it was on the lift I realized it was worse than I had expected. So instead of changing the muffler out I re did the entire exhaust. Its a 2" all the way back to the new Si muffler.

Before

After

I then wanted to dress up a few interior pieces. So I started my CF project.

Makes me feel like a mad scientist lol

Base coat resin on

Laid the carbon fiber weave down

Trimmed a little and top coat of resin on.

More resin

Rough trim and all the resin on

Sanded

Cleared

Results

All alone

I did some maintenance and repaired a few odds and ends here and there I didn't document. More to come on updates. About to start the real project on her very soon.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good! Diggin the exhaust!

Whats your plans?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
New suspension, different wheels, rebuild the trusty d6 with a vitara setup, mild turbo and 220whp goal. I'm looking at building for 400HP and shooting for 250, but goal is like I said 220whp. I'll do the vitara setup with a gt28 and I'm tuning with crome. Nothing crazy its just something to keep me busy. Not that a wife and three kids dont, but need a hobby lol.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That carbon fiver looks awesome man!

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice!! The CF turned out cool, how did the bezel turn out? What suspension you looking at?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Diggin the exhaust!
Thanks, Im really Happy With It. I Need To Add A Resonator It Gets A Little Rasp At Certain Rpms. I Didn't Put It In To Start Because I Wanted To See How It Would sound. It Sounds Amazing At higher Rpms.

That carbon fiver looks awesome man!
Thank you, it takes a long time but its different and I like it.

Sorry for the random capitals. Phone decided it wanted to capitalize stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Nice!! The CF turned out cool, how did the bezel turn out? What suspension you looking at?
Sorry, must have posted when I replied to last but. Im still working on the Bezel. I wasn't in a hurry since its a spare. I also need to order my LED bulbs. So far its looking pretty good. When I make some headway I'll post pictures.

Im still undecided on suspension. Thinking heavily toward f & f.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry, must have posted when I replied to last but. Im still working on the Bezel. I wasn't in a hurry since its a spare. I also need to order my LED bulbs. So far its looking pretty good. When I make some headway I'll post pictures.

Im still undecided on suspension. Thinking heavily toward f & f.

Same here on F&F type 1 athough a set of type 2 just went on craigslist on my area used for $600 but im very weary on buying USED suspension parts. I will definetly be tuning in for this. Any other plans for the interior?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Yea, new carpet, door panels, 8th gen si seats, usdm type r rear seats. One thing at a time though.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking pretty darn good. CF work is awesome. Down for another boosted sohc.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Looking pretty darn good. CF work is awesome. Down for another boosted sohc.
I was dead set on a b swap. After some thinking and looking at prices of a full swap I realized for the same price maybe less I can meet my goals easily. Reason for over building is id love to hit 250. Once that happens I'll be happy for a while, but the boost addiction will hit and I'll turn up the boost lol. That way when my goal changes to 300 I still have room to play safely.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nothing wrong with over building. I kinda wish I did, but oh well.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread moved to the member's ride section. The gen forums are for tech questions or questions that don't fit into specific sections (eg: engine, body, interior, etc.).

Agree with above. The carbon turned out good. Must have been a pain in the ass though. I know how messy fiberglass is and this is the same process, right?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Just about yes.

Thanks for moving. Sorry guess I got hasty where I put my thread.