My A/C is clicking lol

Je357

Hey guys , first off new to forum and new to honda. Saw this thread cause i have a similar issue. First off ac works blows cold air ,but dont use it cause of this noise.....when i turn ac on ,i get a grindy noise...shut ac off , niose completely goes away...put her in gear with ac on noise gets worse ,but funny sometimes it dosnt make it sometimes..also when i have the ac on and the grind squeaky noise comes up car runs ruff...if the noise goes away with ac on car runs well. Other wise if i just leave the ac off and sweat my balls off....car runs mint ...i love my lil honda...any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Your ac compressor is about to take a dump. If its only when the ac is on its probably just your clutch. Order a new clutch kit from honda. Runs about 100 bucks. Worst part is you have to evacuate the system and pull the compressor. Id recommend a new receiver dryer while your at it since the system will be open and letting moisture in.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Potpot246

sounds like the dryer needs to be changed obviously the compressor now too lol. What happens is it gets "glogged" and the refrigerant isnt moving enough to keep the compressor cool so the clutch kicks in and out to meet your needs but also try to save the compressor, ps its not called freon. Thats an actual trade mark name, kinda like how we refer to a clamp as vise grips even though thats the name of the actual company lol.