My Altezza, and friends Honda Integra Type R, R32 Skyline, 180sx

Status
Not open for further replies.

SXE-10

Banned
NOFX said:
Actually, I've found most people here like hatches (as far as Civic enthusiasts). On the east coast I used to see a lot of coupes, but few Hondas (or any imported cars at all) were modded. Here on the west coast I've seen a lot more hatches, and more cars are modified too.
EDIT

SXE-10

Banned
NOFX said:
Actually, I've found most people here like hatches (as far as Civic enthusiasts). On the east coast I used to see a lot of coupes, but few Hondas (or any imported cars at all) were modded. Here on the west coast I've seen a lot more hatches, and more cars are modified too.
when i was in america all i really saw was coupes (im from NJ) i prefer hatches hence the reason i got a EK back then.
after HS graduation i got a white S2k, but i left for the military a few months later and it has sat in the garage since 2003. LOL its a 2001 with 189 miles on it haha

SXE-10

Banned
^^ thank you. it will look totally different in a few months. and i mean totally

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
when i was in america all i really saw was coupes (im from NJ) i prefer hatches hence the reason i got a EK back then.
after HS graduation i got a white S2k, but i left for the military a few months later and it has sat in the garage since 2003. LOL its a 2001 with 189 miles on it haha
Hell, send it to me. I always wanted an S2000. They feel like they're built around me. =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
haha lol.
im selling it in the fall to fund Project E46 M3
Booooooooooo! At least it'd be well taken care of in my ownership. :P

<-- details for a hobby

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
i will sell it to you....it only has 189 miles on it!
:rolf: Honestly wish I could. Too broke right to buy another car, much less that one (and ship to WA - though I'd like a car in DE too).

I'm not sure though... if I ever got one... would I prefer the AP1 ('00-'03 - F20C) or AP2 ('04-'06 - F22C1)....?

SXE-10

Banned
NOFX said:
:rolf: Honestly wish I could. Too broke right to buy another car, much less that one (and ship to WA - though I'd like a car in DE too).

I'm not sure though... if I ever got one... would I prefer the AP1 ('00-'03 - F20C) or AP2 ('04-'06 - F22C1)....?
i will give it to you for free if you type in big bold letters "there is no such thing as JDM" in ur sig. HAHAHA jk

i cant even really answer your question casue i barely drove mine. i lowered it on volk te37s and called it a day then left for boot camp. my brother drives its sometimes i guess when his audi TT is in the shop

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
i will give it to you for free if you type in big bold letters "there is no such thing as JDM" in ur sig. HAHAHA jk

i cant even really answer your question casue i barely drove mine. i lowered it on volk te37s and called it a day then left for boot camp. my brother drives its sometimes i guess when his audi TT is in the shop
Well, I like the glass rear window on the later models. The F22C1 is supposed to have a bit more power than the F20C in the older models. The F22C1 has more torque. The F20C has a higher redline though too.

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man if you get an account on HT and get into some s**t send me the links to that cause id love to see what they say to you... they style there cars around japan but have never been there. seriously i really want you to get on there and if you cant register ill make you an account. when are you coming back to the usa? theres a possibility id be interested in your altezza... as long as it aint pink hahaha

SXE-10

Banned
deftone said:
hey man if you get an account on HT and get into some s**t send me the links to that cause id love to see what they say to you... they style there cars around japan but have never been there. seriously i really want you to get on there and if you cant register ill make you an account. when are you coming back to the usa? theres a possibility id be interested in your altezza... as long as it aint pink hahaha
hey man. i cant access HT casue im on a gov comp and it blocks it GRRRR. telling those guys their hondas dont look anything like hondas in japan would be a blast. its like telling a kid there is no santa.
im 95% sure its gonna be pink when it gets to america but ya never know!!! it will also be boosted.
i just cant get over how people can make up an entire way of tuning and modfying around a place they have never been to or seen. where did they get the basis for these ideas? LOL

oh yeah i come back to america in nov. not sure where yet. still waiting on orders. ive had enough of japan. im sick of it

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
i just cant get over how people can make up an entire way of tuning and modfying around a place they have never been to or seen. where did they get the basis for these ideas? LOL
AMEN!!

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
the Supra is JDM. JDM=bling bling. It also runs 11.2@214km/h :lol:

The US has the whole whats "JDM" thing all messed up bro. "JDM" is not civics with small 15/16in wheels, Cf hoods, lowered and amber corners. No sir...shiet i have never even seen a civic with amber corners to be honest with you!! Most (all?) hondas here in japan are what the US considers "rice". The body kits, loud paint, graphics, huge wheels, neon lights.

thanks for the compliment on the photos.
guwakjai010 said:
i agree man... japanese loves bodykits, neon lights, wings, halos and all the good stuff. they like to show off speed and style... if u see their cars, they mostly have body kits and stuff and also they actually have money to paint their kits unlike some ppl who just buys crappy fiber glass bodykits from ebay (wel there are some people) and leave them unpainted...
Well I hate to pry in and be a d**k again but I really need to clear some things up you . Since I doubt not too many people here has actualy been to Japan (not just stationed there), I can safely say that I know some things about what influences the japanese on their stylings of cars over the years. The Japanese are heavily influenced by western style... Art, music, and obviously how they style their cars. If you didnt know that, take a asian history class. One of the main reason that you think that all hondas have body kits and neon lights is the simple influence is from when Need for speed and F&F made its debut in Japan. Sounds too simple, but its one of the main reasons. Oh yeah the Japs ate that s**t up. Loved it. Actualy that whole thing started in 2003 or 2004, right when Need for speed 1 or 2 (i dont remember which) made uts debut. I remember going to a X5 show in Yokohama and it was very awkward for me to see all these cars dressed up as if came straight out of the video game...annoying graphics, conversions, body kits you used to see back in 98...They just eat this s**t up though, I dont even want to get into the Japanese's version of JDM, which involves using USDM parts like unpainted USDM civic mirrors, bumpers, etc...but thats just a small sub culture involved with that scene. Just shows to you how much we influence them.

Dont be ignorant when you say you dont understand what the term rice means, we all know the basic descriptions. The term JDM clearly means form over function, and mostly in the states are represented by oem parts not available in the states.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To elaborate on what turbo said .... here's what you're misunderstanding:

JDM means Japanese Domestic Market.

Not body kits, not chrome wheels, not all that s**t. But the DOMESTIC marketed products. Most body kits, wings, neon, etc are made in china, taiwaan, india, and the philppene islands. They are marketed to the japanese and american markets alike. But neither are domestic.

Japanese DOMESTIC market applies to products manufactured in Japan, be it factory or aftermarket. The Japanese market has things that America does not. Of course nobody is going to drool over Soarer badges or a 1JZDETT in a luxury coupe .... it's STANDARD equipment. Nobody is going to be like "oooooo, type-arrgghhhh" .... because it's a 25,000 vehicle there. Same reason nobody here drools on SRT-4's.... same deal.

So please, don't try to tell us what "JDM" is .... nobody cares what people in Japan do to their cars .... only the parts they get rid of.

SXE-10

Banned
Eran said:
So please, don't try to tell us what "JDM" is .... nobody cares what people in Japan do to their cars .... only the parts they get rid of.
i wonder why they get rid of them? casue they suck maybe? and aftermarket parts are better?
just a thought

the bottom line is this. there is no JDM style. you have a US market civic with japanese parts on it. big whoop. the car will never be "JDM". it wil never look like a "JDM" civic. it will never "look like how hondas are modded here". if i take my "JDM" altezza and add all US brand products to it is it a USDM Altezza? of course not. its a japanese car with us parts on it.

function over form? what function over form is a power folding mirrior? or an amber clock? or a ferio badge? or color matched side moldings? come on

SXE-10

Banned
turbo95eg6 said:
Well I hate to pry in and be a d**k again but I really need to clear some things up you . Since I doubt not too many people here has actualy been to Japan (not just stationed there), I can safely say that I know some things about what influences the japanese on their stylings of cars over the years. The Japanese are heavily influenced by western style... Art, music, and obviously how they style their cars. If you didnt know that, take a asian history class. One of the main reason that you think that all hondas have body kits and neon lights is the simple influence is from when Need for speed and F&F made its debut in Japan. Sounds too simple, but its one of the main reasons. Oh yeah the Japs ate that s**t up. Loved it. Actualy that whole thing started in 2003 or 2004, right when Need for speed 1 or 2 (i dont remember which) made uts debut. I remember going to a X5 show in Yokohama and it was very awkward for me to see all these cars dressed up as if came straight out of the video game...annoying graphics, conversions, body kits you used to see back in 98...They just eat this s**t up though, I dont even want to get into the Japanese's version of JDM, which involves using USDM parts like unpainted USDM civic mirrors, bumpers, etc...but thats just a small sub culture involved with that scene. Just shows to you how much we influence them.

Dont be ignorant when you say you dont understand what the term rice means, we all know the basic descriptions. The term JDM clearly means form over function, and mostly in the states are represented by oem parts not available in the states.
i didnt say all i said most. the way you guys mod cars in the US claiming to mimic how the japanese do is false. they never modded their cars like that. the fact remains that tuners in the US made up this style and called it "JDM". how can you claim to follow a styling trend that never existed in the first place?
also hondas are not even popular cars to mod here. its all about rwd so if your going to jump on any bandwagon jump on the rwd beat the f**k up drift bandwagon becasue that is what the cars are like here. and VIP style. and the minivans

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
i wonder why they get rid of them? casue they suck maybe? and aftermarket parts are better?
just a thought

the bottom line is this. there is no JDM style. you have a US market civic with japanese parts on it. big whoop. the car will never be "JDM". it wil never look like a "JDM" civic. it will never "look like how hondas are modded here". if i take my "JDM" altezza and add all US brand products to it is it a USDM Altezza? of course not. its a japanese car with us parts on it.

function over form? what function over form is a power folding mirrior? or an amber clock? or a ferio badge? or color matched side moldings? come on
You just don't get it :lol:

JDM is not what Japanese people do to their cars. It's the parts that come FROM JAPAN. Not stuff sold to Japan (ie, body kits, big chromies, neons, graphix, wings, etc). It's the factory parts that no other country gets, and the aftermarket that is MADE in Japan (Spoon, Toda, BYS, Mugen, Tein, etc.) Just because Japanese culture is influenced by F&F and NFSU does not eliminate the "JDM Style" .... not "Japanese Syle." It's called J-Spec for a reason. We model our cars after Japanese Specs.

JDM is not how Japanese Mod their cars. It's how Japanese MAKE their cars from the factory.

Oh, and for the record, there is no such thing as far as visual modifications that is better than stock. Nothing will fit the same as stock. Nothing has the years upon years of R&D that stock has. Why change the lines of something that looked beautiful in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.