my b16a sirII is hurting

RST531

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok currently my jdm engine (B16a 2nd gen) started make this loud clank sound but to me its sounds like its coming from the head, my last b16 engine broke the same way but it was the rods bearing that Fd up, so i think its a valve or something in the head. My question is would it be costly to have the head repair or get a new one? would it have damaged the block and pistons? OR should i dump the whole engine and get a b18a/b block? I would like to go turbo in the future and would getting a b18a/b be best and more reliable than fixing the b16? Also would my lsd tranny with act clutch kit and dc header fit on the b18a/b?

sorry for all the questions but i want to get my car moving again. and currently the money is slim in my pocket (after buying my dc header and new bumper with lip kit).

Or anyone have another direction i should go with the car that i didnt mention?

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the b18 has a taller deck height and the header probably will not fit over the oil pan. the trany and clutch should work just fine. if you want to do the b18 than do the b18. you'll just regret it if you don't

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont spend the to fix something you want to replace anyways. dont shoot yourself twice. if your are planning on a b18 now would be the time to do it.

RST531

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i am but would a b18 turbo be easier to maintain than a b16a vtec turbo?

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nothing turbo is easy to maintain. hours and hours of fine tuning. a b18b would more reliable do to the fact that lower compression handles boost better. but a high compression motor will run just as hard with less boost. just depends on what you want to do. they both take considerable time to get running just right

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first of all u are obviously not a mechanic and really dont know why ur engine is f**ked
bring ur car to a good honda mechanic or the dealer and find out whats wrong because honda heads have very few things that can go wrong with them

RST531

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya nutin was wrong with it. it was the same problem as before bad rod bearings.

RST531

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PoWeReD bYhOnDa said:
umm is your head tapping/knocking?....... if you kno what that is lol
yaya hahaha funny funny, just didnt have the same sound as when the rod bearing broke on my crankshaft, maybe it wasnt as bad as a break as before. oh well time for engine #4

importlegions

1 god, 1 life,1 choice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, i bet he drives them to hard, or uses a generic oil brand.

importlegions

1 god, 1 life,1 choice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does the eh2 in ur sig (if its a real car) have traction problems? in my new mag theres a 455 turbo civic but the writers didnt like it, well they also burnt up the turbo, but they said it wasnt realistic for driving on the road.

RST531

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i probly do drive it to hard. And i use all honda oil and filters that i take to the shop which did the swap. if i do drive to hard for the engine what would be best to do in that case cause i will keep driving it hard even if i go though 20 more engines. should i get a new block and rebuild it? i found a new block to use b16a2 is usdm but i think it would be fine and have no problems puting the head on it, but i am not a machanic so if you guys know anything i that could help me out that would be great.