My Baby Was Stolen :(

Sammy D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I've been away for awhile, but as of this morning my green 1995 HB DX was stolen in North Philly. :cry: I had it for just over a year and a half, and I loved it so much. It was bone stock, was my DD, and was never crashed. I opened a police report and strangely enough they saw a man walking up to it at 1:30 am, opening it with keys, and just driving off like he owned it. The only thing is that I own the only set of keys to the car, so that's a little weird.

Anyway, if it's not recovered in the next 15-20 days my insurance company will give me a small bit of money for it. So now I guess I'm in the market for a new set of wheels.. Any ideas?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, thats just awful. in all reality, if its not found in a day or two, then it's likely getting stripped somewhere. Its possible the previous owner is somehow involved, or someone they know who got a copy of the key. Things like this are why I believe any desireable Honda needs a good alarm. You just never know who has their eyes on your car.

bairdandrew77

That really sucks. Hopefully it's found soon. Although even if it is, there won't be much left.. definitely look into a 2 way alarm at minimum for whatever you get next or if you get it back.

For the worst case scenario if you have to get a new car, it'll depend on your budget. I'd suggest something less desired like a 21st century civic or accord. If you still want a 90s model, definitely get an alarm installed immediately

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That definitely sucks! =(

So you are the only owner of the vehicle since new or was it in your family? How can you guarantee that it was the only set? There is no way if you are multiple owners down the line.

Then again, my key fit and worked in my old roommates 94 accord (I had a 93 civic lx). Not too uncommon to be honest as I have heard of quite a few stories of other honda keys fitting in vehicles that they weren't meant for, especially when the cylinder is worn out.

c00k13

Knew someone who had an old beater that you could start by turning the outside part of the ignition switch cynlinder. No need for key. But I'm with the guy in previous comment. Some keys are interchangeable between d/ car years, even models. Could either be old owner or someone who happens to have a similar key.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

mrpepsalgado

There are keys out there that work on other cars - they're like master keys. Look for a clean used one on Craigslist . Shoot for one from far in the burbs. The people are more honest and since they have more money they maintain their cars real well. I've made some nice buys out in the Chicago burbs like an hour away. Good luck and sorry to read about your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UPDATE:

My car was found! North Philadelphia Police found it today and got in touch with me! It was in a chop shop, and from what the guy told me it's missing the original rims, exhaust, "vital engine components," some interior parts, and both bumpers.

SO, it's back to square one with this thing. Maybe a fresh build? :cool: Anyway, I'll post pics after I go to the lot and check it out and I'll make a post in the wanted/fs section if anyone has parts I need that they're willing to part with.

Sammy D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here's some pics of the decimation that ensued over the last 2 weeks. beginning to think that it's not even worth it. What's not gone is broken, other than the seats :( image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg View attachment 26283 image7.jpeg image8.jpeg image9.jpeg here's image10.jpeg

and here's the last of the pics I have image11.jpeg image12.jpeg image13.jpeg

and yeah the whole ignition switch and column are destroyed :cry:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, at least you got it back, but it doesn't look very salvageable. Time to upgrade to a manual - you'll have more fun with it! :cool:

Sammy D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, and insurance will probably total it, by giving me up to what the value of the car at kbb was before it was stripped, as well as itemized reimbursement for belongings inside the car. They also asked me how much I paid for it (2800), so my fingers are crossed that it will make a difference. But in all honesty, I'll probably get like 1600 for the car and 250 for all the stuff I had in it (ie. clothes, shoes, lumber, headunit, camelbak, tools, etc.)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But in all honesty, I'll probably get like 1600 for the car and 250 for all the stuff I had in it (ie. clothes, shoes, lumber, headunit, camelbak, tools, etc.)
At least it's something, better than a big fat goose egg, 0.