my basic training thread

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
been losing weight rapidly but for some reason I just hit a brick wall. I'm not losing nor gaining :[
Same, sorta. I been kinda increasing my workouts, either longer or working harder

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So you've hit your first plateau. It's going to happen. Happens to everyone when they put there body into that "shock". Just make sure your practicing good eating habits and regular, rigourous PT. Don't cut yourself short or cheat yourself, because the only one you have to blame when you cant preform is yourself. I have kids DAILY tell me, "well we didnt go on a run for a while, and thats why i cant keep up." No, you cant preform because on your free time you sat in your room and played xbox. If you make working out a habit, youll get to the point where you dont feel right if you dont do it. When i first enlisted, i had never even walked into a real weight gym. And now here i was surrounded by huge dudes that all knew what they were doing. I hated going. I felt lost and out of place. Once i deployed, all i had was a gym. We dont have TV or s**t really to do when we're "off". the MWR is PACKED. So i made it a habit to go to the gym with friends. Now its to the point where i cant sleep if i didnt go for ATLEAST 45 minutes. i FORCE myself to take off-days, and even ill still go try run in this buttfucked enviroment.

I just cant stress enough how people fail to see how to push themselves. Ive been take my limits many many times only to realize i can accomplish it. We the help of friends and leaders, you can literally do anything you put your mind to.

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Was rushed to the hospital yesterday during future soldier training :[ They said I dehydrated badly even tho I drunk alot of water. They said I had no electrolytes in my body and it felt like my body was shutting down because I couldnt move for s**t. The near 100 degree weather didnt help either. But guess what guys? I made the body fat percentage :] I'm 2% under and I was in the middle of signing papers when this happens so now I gotta go back and get taped again :[

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what the hell are they doing to you...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Was rushed to the hospital yesterday during future soldier training :[ They said I dehydrated badly even tho I drunk alot of water. They said I had no electrolytes in my body and it felt like my body was shutting down because I couldnt move for s***. The near 100 degree weather didnt help either. But guess what guys? I made the body fat percentage :] I'm 2% under and I was in the middle of signing papers when this happens so now I gotta go back and get taped again :[
SILVER BULLET!

When you pass out here, they stick a thermometer in your touchhole to get your temperature.

Anyway, bit of advice. you never hydrate for the day. When you pound water, you do it the day BEFORE events. And 100% water isnt always the best thing. Throw a little gatorade powder in there. I wouldnt recommend an actual Gatorade as they arent really that healthy.

How could they tell you didnt have electrolytes? they do a piss test right there in the station? Your body will get used to that shock. Last time i passed out like that was during our Ninja training. i was checking kicks from a blackbelt for about 15 minutes. my leg couldnt take it, and i ended up crumpling in the heat. i was also very hungover. it was horrible

good to hear about you taping out brah, good s**t :thumbs up

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
SILVER BULLET!

When you pass out here, they stick a thermometer in your touchhole to get your temperature.

Anyway, bit of advice. you never hydrate for the day. When you pound water, you do it the day BEFORE events. And 100% water isnt always the best thing. Throw a little gatorade powder in there. I wouldnt recommend an actual Gatorade as they arent really that healthy.

How could they tell you didnt have electrolytes? they do a piss test right there in the station? Your body will get used to that shock. Last time i passed out like that was during our Ninja training. i was checking kicks from a blackbelt for about 15 minutes. my leg couldnt take it, and i ended up crumpling in the heat. i was also very hungover. it was horrible

good to hear about you taping out brah, good s*** :thumbs up
They had to retape me and guess what im actually 4% under. I take my ASVAB on tuesday hopefully I do good. On the practice i got a 56 so hopefully I do better on this. The soldiers themselves didnt tell me it was the doctors in the hospital.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the asvab was such a joke. it was like taking the sats over again. good luck tho.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
When in doubt, C it out. I scored 83 on it by that tried and true method.

Cooper76

Good luck man! I went through it 2 years ago at "Relaxin' Jackson". I was 33 and the oldest in my platoon and a bit over weight, had no problem. I used to hate running, but now I enjoy it. Don't take a thing with you except your cell phone. If it's a smart phone, then load it up with music and some ear buds. What ever you need, you'll get it while your there. That was a great tip on cleaning your rifle! Def use that one! You just want to blend in and not stand out. Don't be "That guy". The first three weeks were the hardest, but it's all down hill after that and it goes bye fast! Just remember, millions of people have done it before you. You'll come out of it feeling great and in the best shape of your life, and your family will see a big positive change in you!

Good Luck, and try to enjoy it! It's the next best thing to deer camp! LOL...

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Passed all my exams only problem i ran into was my fingerprints didnt come through so I have to stay at the hotel again tomorrow night and go to Meps again thursday to choose my job and swear in :]

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
going back to hotel :P free food! but Idk I might pick infantry tomorrow and sign up for rangers. A friend of mine just scored high in his asvab and is going SF training

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
going back to hotel :P free food! but Idk I might pick infantry tomorrow and sign up for rangers. A friend of mine just scored high in his asvab and is going SF training
My friend went that route. Is now sitting at Benning and only doing PT because he was medically recycled for Rangers. He had one of his knee muscles overlap the other and was unable to perform to the level they needed.

Mind you, this guy was one fit mother f**ker before leaving for OSUT. Was award a coin for his PT at graduation and he said the training from 11B to Rangers was a whole 180.

So, now he is sitting there doing some minor PT stuff till his injury is cleared. He says he is gonna try it one more time and if he can't perform again will just stick with 11B.

Best of luck!