My Black Battle Tank

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I found this car on craigslist. It needs some love before lookin its best, but I'm happy to be back in the Honda game. Here's the first pic of my new wallet-draining passion.

'

1996 LX, 5 speed, 160k miles, gray interior. It's not red like my first civic, but I think I'll be ok with black.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah a fresh start. good luck with the build!

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks, I think I'll be getting a stereo before the big engine stuff happens. Ill be getting an intake pretty quick, though.

wfw12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fresh start, any plans after a stereo?

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to be joining the 4 door platoon!

Plans are subject to change:
Engine: i/h/e
Suspension: hopefully get some ksports and anti-roll bars, strut tower bar
Interior: replace a couple broken plastic pieces, potentially new seat/s, tint, cd player
Exterior: New rear bumper, wash/polish/wax, de-yellow the headlights, new headlight bulbs

The guy who I'm buying it from has replaced the cv boots, timing belt, and radiator in the past couple years, so hopefully those will be good for a while. I would liek to eventually do a dohc swap, but that must wait for a while. I'm just stoked to have a car again, and a civic at that.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get those square fogs on eBay.

BillyB98

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If youre looking for any horsepower gain out of the Y7 youre def going to want for than just i/h/e.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd rather focus the majority of my "performance dollars" on the suspension. I'm not building a drag car in any respect.

HOWEVER,

A mild turbo set-up is a potential........are there many turbo ds around these days on here?
Or how about the jackson racing supercharger? Anybody have one?

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so I admit i may have been hasty in the thread, but I just wanted to get the ideas flowing.

the guy just informed me that he doesn't have the title. I told him to call me when he gets it. I can't buy it legally without a title of some sort showing he in fact owns the vehicle. I'm really bummed but oh well. I'm going to have to find something else. Oh well, I want a red car.