My car flooded, and my check engine flashes.

bizak

Last night I was driving home, half of the highway was flooded up to 2 feet of water. I ended up getting stuck and my car wouldn't turn on. The cops pulled me out once the air filter dried out my car started up. But since last night my check engine flashes and my car sputters when i try to accelerate. There was 4 inches of water inside my car and I guess the ecu got wet. I changed the air filter and my car still sputters when i try to accelerate, I need your help bad cause that my work car.

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if the cabin flooded, you have an electrical nightmare ahead of you.
But if the Check Engine is flashing, its MORE than likely electrical. DRY EVERYTHING OUT!!! connections!!!!! WIRES!!!!

Ej8Turbo

Last night I was driving home, half of the highway was flooded up to 2 feet of water. I ended up getting stuck and my car wouldn't turn on. The cops pulled me out once the air filter dried out my car started up. But since last night my check engine flashes and my car sputters when i try to accelerate. There was 4 inches of water inside my car and I guess the ecu got wet. I changed the air filter and my car still sputters when i try to accelerate, I need your help bad cause that my work car.
fyi, if your motor is still running consider to be very lucky, you have water in yur engine ,just drying the air filter isnt good enough.
Try this
Pull the spark plugs.
Disconnect the fuel injector clips and distributor plug.
Crank the engine to eject the water.
Perform a compression test.
Reconnect injectors and distributor.
Reinstall spark plugs.
Drian Your oil.

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is it manual or auto?

bizak

its a manual, I'm going to do as you recommended ej8turbo. If my engine takes a dump then I'm going to have to upgrade to something better, What would you guys recommend, B16 or H23

Ej8Turbo

its a manual, I'm going to do as you recommended ej8turbo. If my engine takes a dump then I'm going to have to upgrade to something better, What would you guys recommend, B16 or H23
personally id stay d series. turbo vitara and call it a day, anything more then 250whp on a daily/street car is useless..

good luck with the motor, i hydrolocked mine and was stupid enought to keep trying to fire it up, couple mins later i had a huge hole in the side of the block and piece on the ground........built up pressure had to go sumwhere :p