My car lives again!

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finally found a decent replacement engine, and my mechanic finally got around to putting it in.

now, pics:

This rusty little thing.... Runs like a champ though; it makes my old engine seem crappy... it was crappy.
I'm currently working on polishing the fuel rail, various brackets, and bits of the blown engine that still work fine.
I'll throw my old VC on this head and paint the "new" one Metalcast Purple/polished rising sun...
I might shave it too and airbrush the Honda logo on it; but nothing is definite.

first real wash since I got it back. It needed some serious TLC after being left in the snow/rain/sun for 2 months.

Still about half an inch of poke. It really doesn't look too bad, but a lot more negative camber is in the near future to fix it.

Looks waaaaay better than before I had the springs in. Ride quality is amazing despite how stiff they are.

Anyway, it feels good to be back on the road and reunited with my car... feels good to be back here too. I've got big plans for the old engine, almost all of my extra cash will go towards rebuilding/bulding it up. I want to shoot for around 200 hp N/A, so I'll most likely be taking the high compression/ITB route with it, unless I find a nice B or H to drop in first.​

Comments/opinions welcome =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good but you need to go way lower, especially if your going that wide. And you wont get 200hp out of a N/A d series. i recommend swapping and building a poor mans type r or something. Looks good though still, your getting there

wtf is going on with that intake?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U can get 200hp out of a d n/a if u have funds. I say go for it!

Love that front end!

emerican

Registered VIP
Glad to hear its back in the road.
You can get 200 out of a na d series, but be preapred to drop more than you would if you swapped in a b or built and boosted the d.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i normally see n/a d builds drop out around 185, but anything is possible with the funds

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to hear its back in the road.
You can get 200 out of a na d series, but be preapred to drop more than you would if you swapped in a b or built and boosted the d.
i normally see n/a d builds drop out around 185, but anything is possible with the funds
185 is fine with me. I figured setting a high goal and just shooting for it would yield the best results, I really don't care too much about what number's I'll be able to put down. I just love the idea of an ITB D series; popping the hood to see factory goodness. It should sound mean as hell too.

looks good but you need to go way lower, especially if your going that wide.
What is it dropped on?
D2 Racing springs. I forgot which exact part number they are, but I think they only offer one set for 6th gen civics. They haven't settled yet, it's supposed to be 2.5"f and 2.25"r and they are only at 2" front and back right now. From what I measured the fenders should set even the tread when settled. For what they cost, I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a temporary drop. Handling and ride quality are superb, but I do plan on upgrading to coilovers as well as pivoting ball joints and UCAs front and rear. It really depends on how my engine build goes though, because that's where all my money will be going. Once I do it'll be pretty slammed/cambered, but I want to keep it functional. 8" really isn't so wide to have to do anything extreme like what you see on stanceworks or hellafush. I'll leave that to the VW guys.

wtf is going on with that intake?
Haha, I laugh when I see it. Just a homegrown PVC SRI made for filterless use. I have a fine screen over the throttle body to keep damaging particles out, and most of the time i just run it without the airbox or filter. Open throttle body sounds amazing, and the response is almost instant. But yeah, that intake just chills in my trunk in case it rains or if it's really dry and dusty out, and in those cases I do use a filter.

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's actually killing your power because you are constricting the air from entering into your engine.

Search for the benefits of the velocity stack, and learn