my civic moves side to side on normal driving on freeway can you help me outplease!!!

rico213

i got a 1995 honda civic coupe i am having trouble evrytime i drive the car hard it tends to pull to the right or sometimes left on the freeway driving normal it goes side to side sometimes so i lifted the car up checked the right tire shock it side to side and up and down so side to side it shakes a lil would that be my wheel bearings can you help me out please

98 coupe

generally side to side would be a tie rod, either inner or outer. you should also check the left side and check the tires themselves for shifted belts. i would recommend taking your car to a shop to have it professionally evaluated.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are your tires properly inflated?

SnoFox4

Most Boring Car
Check alignment, tire run-out, tire balance, tire inflation, and suspension.

zboyracer

5+ Year Member
My wife's car does this from time to time on the freeway as well. I just learned that the rear control arm bushings need to be replaced, could this be a symptom too?

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how old are the tires? how much tread left? mine just now doing it but my tires are pretty worn..do the penny/quarter trick and well, u can see ALL of AB"s head..so im about 2/32 or less..just ordered new tires, so hopefully it will cure it..

go to youtube and search for how to check for tie rod... if u wiggle the wheel, while on jack stand, does move too much..wiggle in and out, forward to backward..it shouldnt move..

good luck