My Civic Progress thread

SOHC1.6GUY

My Civic Progress thread (engine picture post 42)

Well scince i seem to be getting into my civic quite a bit I figured i would start a progress thread. Sadly i didnt have pictures of when i first got it. But here are some includng a test fit and test color of the rear lip.

And the rear lip. Im still working on getting the front lip (mugen style) grill, and fog light covers done. I also need to clear coat the rear lip then mount it.

The rims btw are from an 04 Civic EX.

More to come as progress continues.

Future mods include a lowering, rear sway bar with ASR brace, 5 speed swap if I can find one, removal of the civic and the EX badges, and the taillights with that look stock but with out the amber lense, and rear disc conversion.

emerican

Registered VIP
Looks pretty good man. The removal of the badges is easy as long as use a heat gun i did mine pretty quick and it looks alot cleaner. Are you talking about the 50/50 taillights?

SOHC1.6GUY

Looks pretty good man. The removal of the badges is easy as long as use a heat gun i did mine pretty quick and it looks alot cleaner. Are you talking about the 50/50 taillights?
Yep 50/50 taillights. Granted the amber goes good with the green.

emerican

Registered VIP
It does go good with the green, but id throw the 50/50 tails on it to i just put them on my ex coupe and i love them.
Any engine mods planned?

SOHC1.6GUY

It does go good with the green, but id throw the 50/50 tails on it to i just put them on my ex coupe and i love them.
Any engine mods planned?
Im not sure. I mean mine is an auto. Maybe CAI now that i have a DC sports header, high flow converter, and greddy spectrum elite cat back, cam, skunk2 intake manifold, not sure where else to go as im have little experience in Honda's. I have a 2000 Mustang V6 with Cobra IRS in place of the solid rear axle, and a heavely modified 1988 Fiero Formula. So with this Hona im not sure what all i can do short of an engine swap.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a clean base, not digging sedans too much, but thats the challenge, its due-able, good luck.

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
You should lower it and throw a front lip on it. That would make it look slicker =)

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you have any more shots w/ the 7th gen wheels on it?

emerican

Registered VIP
Besides thte bolt ons or a b swap with basic bolt ons not to far you can really build it with it being an automatic the tranny wont hold up to the torque and hp if you really build it. If you want to however you can do i/h/e skunk2 im b series t-body cam and cam gear. Maybe get it tuned not sure if they make chips for the automatics i dont really know. All those mods arent going to net you much on an automatic d series though d series in general dont respond well to bolt ons.

SOHC1.6GUY

Do you have any more shots w/ the 7th gen wheels on it?
Here are those pictures you requested. These are all i could afford. I cant afford fancy looking wheels like alot of these Civics have. But they are better then the steelies.

And as i said the lip on the front will be painted as well as the fog light bezzles, and the grill.

Sorry they are as dark as they are. its over cast and these were taken with my blackberry phone.

Brobo

Here are those pictures you requested. These are all i could afford. I cant afford fancy looking wheels like alot of these Civics have. But they are better then the steelies.

And as i said the lip on the front will be painted as well as the fog light bezzles, and the grill.

Sorry they are as dark as they are. its over cast and these were taken with my blackberry phone.
hope to see u around cleveland

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice progress, all you need now is paint...

insidiousperfor

5+ Year Member
Very nice sedan, you should look into some window visors they would go well with you car while not costing more than $50