My Civic. What to do?

Rocky_Ramos

Hey Im still kinda of a noob when it comes to turbos and just tuning in general i know that you should get a tune afterwards so your engine doesn't lean out while driving, but my main question is besides a new tune what else would i need.. would i need a new ecu or what custom harness or what the deal ?....

Please And Thank You To All The Answers I Reactive

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Type in "honda basics of turbocharging" into Google and you'll find your answers.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what kind of question is this? do you need an ecu, yes you need to chip an obd1 ecu to be able to tune the car. like said research how to turbo a honda and you will find more than what you want to know.

Rocky_Ramos

what would i need to be able to swap like a b18 in a 99 lx without being horribly expensive

Last edited by a moderator:

daperez13

Respected
It's funny how people constantly use the term "noob", to excuse the fact that they failed to do some research!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have tired to research with s**t im just not good at it ....
I find that hard to believe when I found the last link I provided by typing in "99 civic b18 swap" on Google. Use simple phrases, including when you search in the forum. There are numerous threads on that swap, so you definitely need to try harder.