My Craigslist Gem. EBP EM1

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Found this EBP EM1 on Craigslist, about 2 hours from where I live. Guy wanted 2100 for it, had a ticking sound. Talked him down to 1300 bux, cus he needed rent money. Had it towed home with my Triple A.

Its a 2000 Civic Si, 86k Miles.
Lowered on Tokico Illumina 5-way Adjustable Gas Shocks, Elbach Springs. Apexi N1 Cat-Back, Slim Rad with Fal Fan

First thing I did was sell the pink rims, the next day for 200 bux.

So today I did some work on it. Torn down the B16, took me and a buddy about 2 hours to disassemble the entire motor. It was a rod bearing, you could spin it with your fingers. Crank looks pitted, might need a new one. Trying to get a ballpark of what I'll need so I started a parts list,

B16A2 Crank
B16A2 Rods
B16A2 Rod/Crank Bearing Set
B16A2 Head Studs, Going ARP
B16A2 Crank Studs, Going ARP
Headgasket, Going Cometic
Oil Pan Gasket
Oil Pan - Somehow, the guy before me managed to bottom the car out so bad that the oil pan actually bent it and the walls collapsed in so I couldn't even get a socket on the bolts holding it on. Will need a new one of those.
Valve Cover Gasket
Timing Belt, Going Greddy Kevlar
Crank Seals
Cam Seals

I'm still contimplating on doing a B20/Vtec if I can find a JDM B20 for the right price. Not sure if I want to put my K24 Frank in this one yet. Kinda want to do a ITB setup on it.

Also started looking at what I will need to do on the front end when the time comes. It was in a front end collision of some sort becuase the core support is bent in hard and pretty mangled. The hood is broken and both fenders have dents in them that would get fixed when it goes to the body shop if I decide to keep the 00 Front End. Going to see what it will cost me to do a JDM ITR Front Clip (ITR Core Support and Hoond, Fenders, Bumper Grill, Headlights.

He Also was a toolbag and removed the A/C, P/S and Cruise Control, So I will be reinstalling that when I redo the front end.

Stay Tuned...

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, great pickup for that cheap man. I'm excited to see where this goes.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice pick up man keep us updated on the project

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great pick up man! That is super cheap!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Don't think I've ever seen a JDM integra front end on an EM1...

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is the VIN clean? i mean... that seriously sounds like a steal. tags and all? the economy is bad.. but not that bad.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats why I want to do it!

knightxrider1 said:
is the VIN clean? i mean... that seriously sounds like a steal. tags and all? the economy is bad.. but not that bad.
Ya surprisingly it is. Had an accident on the carfax but thats about it. Only one previous owner before the guy I got it from.. He was a hood nig cracker ass, whose grand mother bought the car for him... He spraybombed the wheels pink cus his girlfriend said if he wanted to get laid then he had to, and the only reason he sold it so cheap was becuase he was going to get kicked out of his apartment if he didn't come up with the cash. Kid was a f**king idiot, and destroyed this car. I've always wanted an EBP EM1 and now I have to restore her to get it that way.

JakeTurner

Young Padawan
5+ Year Member
Looks great bro. Cant wait to watch you fix this up. The jew in me is drooling over this steal. :P

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its been done a number of times, just search for it. I have a pic on my old computer I'll try and dig it up.

To the OP...nice find and great price! Good luck with it. Can't wait to see more

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pretty jealous nice pick up though good luck with the build keep us updated

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got 2 Hondas if you didn't know. I have a Milano Red 97 DX, that has a JDM B18C Swap, Thinking about swapping that into the blue Si and building up a motor for the red car. I plan on having my blue si be my DD and the red one be my race car. There hasn't been a K swap in an 96-00 Civic in Maine yet and I really want to be the first. Either way, It will be turboed. I want to run 25psi on forged internals. That B16 that is all apart would be the perfect candidate right now if I planned on keeping the B. Really undecided on what I want to do.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jealous then! keep her fresh!

do you know about NEAD racing in Maine? ive been to their shop... and the guys who own it are really down to earth. just a heads up for my homies up there.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your in maine? damn I wish I found that for 1300 haha, I would have made the 3 hour drive..

Glad your restoring the si back to what it should be

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maine f**kin blows dude. Everyone up here has rusted out EG's with fart cans clamped onto the exhaust of their d15's.. I am the only swapped civic in central/northern maine. No one even has a 99-00 Si around here, and if they did they would be driving thru. Scene sucks and homos that drive around shitboxes like that make me look bad, This homo that I got the car from was in southern maine, almost at the NH Border, and he was a f**kin moron

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Started rebuilding it back to OEM. Picked up the factory air box and ordered a new hood latch, the guy "for security purposes" f**ked the orig. one up with a screw driver so it was hard to open for "security purposes".. Kid was a tool bag.

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, buying hondas and finding all the awesome upgrades that come with it.